Thursday, November 1, 2012

To A Man's Knees

When M was a little baby, I remarked to my Mom the joy I felt when I saw hubs with her.


The way they look at each other. Sit with each other. Just are with each other. They fit together, you know? A daddy and his little girl.

And my Mom said something back that stuck with me.

"You'll find that a baby or child is the only person that can bring a grown man to his knees in a heartbeat."

And it's so true. I guess because the grown man cares so much about that little person. It makes sense.

Yesterday morning, M woke up at around 6:15 am, crying from her crib. I promptly got her and let her lay in bed with us.

But hubs had to get out of bed at 6:30 for work. And M didn't like that. So she complained every few minutes while hubs was getting ready for work.

A "daddy come lay next to me..." complaint. And "Daddy don't go to work," being said.

Hubs came in to say so long. A few hugs and kisses later, he started walking away.

And M started crying. A lot.

Tears. Pointing to her Papi. Reaching out to him.

Hubs turned around, picked M up, and rocked her.

He whispered to me, "What do I do?"

I said nothing.

He continued to rock her and explain that he had to go to work but that he loved her very much.
He laid her back down. She cried again. So hubs picked M up again. And rocked her. And kissed her. And talked to her some more. And rocked her still.

And finally, he said in a soft voice, "I'll just take her to work with me. She even has tears!!"

And suddenly, I was taken back to my Mom's comment and the rawness of its truth.
There's just something about a grown man and his daughter {child} that can so easily bring him to his knees.

And, it's a beautiful thing.

12 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I was crying a few nights ago when my husband scooped up my daughter and was dancing with her to some music on a commercial. Amazing how tender they truly can be to these little girls. It's so wonderful that he can take her to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! That statement your Mom made is so, so true. No one can get to my husband the way our daughter does. It's the purest love I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking so forward to seeing Michael with our future children. He says he is going to buy a backpack so he can take them everywhere lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What a good Dad. He took her to work! Just wow. Amazing!

    Tara

    http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, so true. My husband is a total softie when it comes to the boys. I am the mean parent. I can't even imagine what it would be like if we had a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest story. Marc is like that with Violet, he just melts for his little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so sweet!! I can't wait to have a little one someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this story - it's so true. Seeing a father's love is one of the most heartwarming things in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet. It's so heart wearying to see and hear the love of a child a father has. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This gave me the chills.. such a precious story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing story...your words just touched my heart. I personally don't have a desire to have children, but thinking about my husband with babies might just change my mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This almost made me tear up. E can get my hsuband to do anything and I love it. It is such a special relationship.

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved