Sunday, December 2, 2012

Savory Sunday

Chicken Pizza ... This meal was a home run. I never eat leftovers but for this? I did. Twice. Beware: You'll dream about this dish.

Ingredients:
*1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into one inch strips
*1 tbsp olive oil
*1 prebaked Italian bread shell crust
*1/4 cup prepared pesto
*1 large tomato, chopped
*1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
*1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
*1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
**extras you want - I added sauteed mushrooms and onions



I decided to sauté the onions/mushrooms before adding them onto the pizza.





Cook the chicken..

I marinated the chicken in Italian dressing for several hours before cooking it.

Lay out the dough. I used pre-made because I wanted simplicity. I placed it on a cookie sheet.







Spread the sauce. I went way over what the recommended amount of sauce was to add. And it was perfect.












The Husband likes cheese. As in, his saying is, "there can never be enough cheese." And since the one topping I get on pizza is extra cheese, I went over the recommended amount. By an enormous amount. And, it was perfect again.

I just made sure no toppings showed through.

In the oven it goes...
It looks huge, I know. I was alarmed at first.

But the cheese melts and holds everything down.

I had a picture of the slice of heaven pizza on my plate, but blogger ate it. Literally. (and no pun intended.) But know that I had a Fatty McFatterson sized piece. And it was delicious. And I had no regrets.

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I am going to ask Michael to make it for me this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god. My mouth is watering! This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks good! Like crazy good! Friday nights are homemade pizza nights, this is going to get tried SOON! I'd love it if you share this recipe at my party "You're Gonna Love It Tuesday" (that actually goes live on Monday night) at http://www.kathewithane.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good and super easy!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved