Friday, December 7, 2012

Thoughts and Things

I'm all over the place today. Bare (bear?!?) with me. See, even my mind can't spell correctly today.

*I've been reading up on health issues related to the most random things. Like the shellac mani's people like to get? Have been linked to fertility issues! And I have a whole post dedicated to the dyes in our food that have been linked to various issues, like adhd.

*I have a super important doctor's appointment this afternoon.

*I could go without hearing Dora's voice for the rest of my life a really long time. Like, a really really realllllllly long time.

*The Husband and I have gotten so much done over the past four days. Like, stuff like calling insurance and calling businesses and running major errands. Big big stuff. And? We got it all done. The feeling of accomplishment is worth the stress from a mile long to-do list.

*Channukah starts tomorrow. I always love giving presents more than I like getting. I've always been like that. We're having our annual Channukah party Sunday night. Yay for dreidels and latkes and gelt, oh my!

*I'm extremely sensitive to smells, like perfumes/colognes. It's my own fault that the hypersensitivity started, but it seems like during the holiday season, people like to shower in their perfumes. Whhhyyyyyy.

*I can't believe I can have full on conversations with M. I've been able to for a long  time, but it still blows my mind that she's old enough for convos. M speaks so well for her age. I just thank the Lord for a a healthy girl that loves to chat. (and, ahem. she is my daughter, after all)

*We haven't gotten a Christmas tree yet for The Husband. It makes it feel like it's not really the holidays. Even though I have my dreidels and menorahs out.

*I actually ordered holiday cards this year instead of handwriting out our cards like I have the past few years. Sure, it was easier on my hands, but I feel like my cards are impersonal this year now.

*I've been absent from blogging for the week (minus Monday, obv). I just haven't had the motivation to write anything. And even though I have multiple posts sitting in drafts, they never seem right for when I can post them.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Friday love! I'm a huge fan of random. And I'm an even hugerester fan (of making up words) of taking a break from blogging when the words don't flow naturally. It's just no fun when you're just making stuff up to get stuff on "paper." Good job taking a break. Next week is a whole new week. Sending good thoughts your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the holidays + perfume. I am super sensitive to smells as well, and there are certain perfumes that really wreak havoc on my poor nose. It's like people feel like they're more festive when they just dip themselves in the bottle, as opposed to using a spray or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy weeeekend.

    I hope your SUPER important Dr. appt goes well. I would love to smell over drenched perfumes than dr's offices. I hate the smell of the doctor and the dentist, it like literaly scares the crap out of me. I am super weird I know.

    I hope you, hubby, and M have a GREAT weeekend:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always struggle with the handwritten versus computer-done cards, but we send so many (small town symptom) that I can't do all of them by hand anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man...don't get me started on all the crazy harming things we do day to day!! I haven't heard of the the shellac/fertility issue, but it doesn't surprise me. I'm so petrified of the pesticides my neighborhood sprays; we have 'ugly grass' but I really hope I have a healthy baby growing inside me!! So much crap out there. It takes a lot of effort to live 'simply' or a bit crunchy, but I try my best while still trying to keep up with fun trends. Exhausting! I am actually doing hand-written cards this year...not sure why, just felt like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything is ok friend! I'm been absent this week too. My mind is just not into blogging right now. I think it's bc I'm trying to soak up every minute of this Christmas season. My boys are growing up too fast and it's making me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your doctors appointment went well. Praying!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved