According to Merriam-Webster, the definition of Guilty Pleasure is: something pleasurable that induces a usually minor feeling of guilt.
So, I'll just come out here and say that one of my guilty pleasures is watching The Kardashians, about once a month. Not for the right reasons, though. No, no. I don't watch for the entertainment. And not because I'm obsessed with the K-Dash Klan. And certainly not because I can't get my fill of this freak family any other way. I watch the show because it makes me feel better about myself, and the K-Dash family helped me realize I have better ways of coping with life and dealing with stupid people than I ever thought possible. I basically sound like an asshole for what I confessed, but that's why you get to post anonymously. So you don't sound like an asshole too. Or a freak. Or blah blah.
So, do you do something that makes you happy, but not even your SO knows about it? Is it a habit you've had for years that you just don't want to break, because it's that great of a guilty pleasure?
Do you secretly still watch your favorite childhood show, but know you'll be shunned if you admit it? Do you get home from work and stuff your face with your favorite candy, every single day, just because you can?
We all have Guilty Pleasures. Share yours and I'll share more of mine. Under "anonymous", again.


This is so gross and even anonymously I can't believe I'm sharing this. My husband and I love to pop each others zits. The ones we can't reach like on our back. It's definitely a guilty pleasure but we've been doing it for so long it's become a habit. I'm judging myself.
ReplyDeleteMy guilty pleasure? Buying all the trashy gossip magazines and my favorite candy, and ALWAYS having a slurpee with me when I do this, and reading the mags front to back. I totally judge the celebs. I'm an asshole too.
ReplyDeleteHa! I watch Amish Magia when I get home from work & everyone is asleep. I'll admit, it's much for the same reason as your k-dash watching. Except it extends to "and they say my faith is crazy. Look at these crazies". Not very Christian of me, huh?
ReplyDeleteI definitely love the Kardashians (guilty pleasure wise) and eating crap. Ugh.
ReplyDeleteIce cream. Generally, I'm a healthy person. I work out 4-6 days a week, I eat well. But if I (and by I, I mean my ass wouldn't grow 500 sizes) could get away with it, I'd eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's every night. I used to do this...and I was miserable. But dang it...I love ice cream...
ReplyDeleteMy guilty pleasure is teen pop songs. Yes: Kesha, One Direction, The Wanted and all that fun stuff.
ReplyDeleteHi!! Thanks for stopping by and linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party and for the follow! I'm your newest GFC follower. My confession for a guilty pleasure is eating too many sweets. I dislike fruits and veggies, why I don't know, and would rather eat dessert than dinner. Of course with kids I don't do this, but it's tempting!
ReplyDeletePaula
lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com
I totally watch KUWTK!
ReplyDeleteGuiltiest pleasure of all: reading blogs and trying to figure out if my life is better than what the blogger is writing as their life.
ReplyDeleteI like to eat in secret. When I can have a big meal, watching TV, alone....Ahhhh heaven.
ReplyDeleteBuckwild, Honey Boo, Eating entire pints of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I feel like my life is FULL of guilty pleasures. :)
ReplyDeleteWearing my husbands boxers and sweatshirt when he's on travel because they smell like him. They're clean, I swear.
ReplyDeleteI like terrible TV. Pretty Little Liars is up there as a favorite. I'll watch almost anything with teen drama, it brings me back and makes me feel glad that I'm 30. haha
ReplyDeleteSnooki & JWoww. Yes I admit it. I love that show :)
ReplyDelete