This week is about Confessions.
One reason is because I have some things I personally need to get off my chest. The other reason is because my bff came to me over the weekend and gave me the inspiration for this week long series.
She told me some things that she needed to clear her mind of, things where I was all, "Nuh-uh. No freaking way! YOU did what?" And there was no judgment coming from me. Just a little bit of shock and then some thoughts of, "Wow. My life really is boring/simple compared to my friends."
And I realized, we all have some juicy bits, or lack thereof, we want to share, but don't have the proper outlet to do so.
That's where this weeks series comes in.
Today? Confess anything on your heart or mind. But as highly recommended to me by my considerate Husband, people should be able to confess confidentially. Which in blog land, means anonymous. So, anonymous comments are enabled. Feel free to share any confession you want.
I'll be doing it too. Anonymously, of course.
This weeks Confessions are:
Tuesday: Guilty Pleasures. Do you do something that makes you happy, but not even your SO knows about it? Is it a habit you've had for years that you just don't want to break, because it's that great of a guilty pleasure?
Wednesday: Secrets. Is there something only your spouse knows about you? Or your best friend? Or not a single soul on the planet?
Thursday: How do you feel about your life? Are you happy with where you are currently?
Friday: Regrets. We all have them. What do you regret doing in life?
Share your confessions. And check back to see what others, and myself, have to share.


Ohhh I love this!!!
ReplyDeleteWas totally singing Usher...love him!
ReplyDeleteEven though my husband and I have been together for several years I'm afraid he'll reject me if I make the first move. So I never do.
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome!
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhhhhh this is fun!! I'm sure I have one or two.
ReplyDeleteAre you sure we are totally anonymous? lol
And are we just posting it in the comments area?
I am so tired of being single. But I am terrified to make the first move. Do woman really approach men?! Maybe I am more afraid of rejection.
ReplyDeleteI was molested when I was a teenager and it tore my relationship with my mother apart we didn't talk for years.
ReplyDeleteA stranger stopped my "best guy friend" and another good friend who teamed up against me, from raping me when I was 15. The old man stopped them in the middle of the attack. I'm not over it but I don't talk about it to anyone.
ReplyDeleteI definitely laughed at the title and first sentence of the post. Thank you. I needed that today. ;)
ReplyDeleteI can't stop thinking over my life and picking out painful moments where I went totally wrong. It's overwhelming.
ReplyDeleteMy confession: My kiddo is sick and I'm coming down with his cold. All I want to do today is lay around and watch TV I actually enjoy. You know, comfort TV. If I have to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse again today, I might cry.
ReplyDeleteI have no idea of what I want right now. Except to be happy. Everything else is just baffling.
ReplyDeleteI hate my mother in law and father in law. They are nasty people and constantly make my husband feel bad about himself. I cringe when they hold my child.
ReplyDeleteI'm good friends irl with a popular blogger that has thousands of followers. Her real life is nothing like her "blog life". Like her husband cheated on her and she knows. Now they may file bankruptcy. But I'd never expose those truths either, who would.
ReplyDeleteMy friend IRL writes a blog too, and her life is NOTHING like her blog. I feel ya.
DeleteI get irritated when I am into something (for example)like following blogs and my bff puts it down and calls it stupid but then a year or two later, she thinks blogs are the best thing since sliced bread ( although she still does not read or follow mine because it's not about her favorite topics). I just let her go with it and let her think she had the idea first. It's easier that way.
ReplyDeleteMy sister is the ultimate bridezilla. And you know how they say to eliminate the negativity from your life and keep only those who bring goodness to your life? If I could I would totally eliminate her. I don't even think I can say, "oh she has a good heart" to make things better because sometimes I even question that. So sad :(
ReplyDeleteI hate being single and always being the good person who finishes last
ReplyDeleteMy husband cheated on me when I was pregnant with our firstborn. Now I'm scared to be pregnant again even though I want a second child.
ReplyDeleteMy husband doesn't understand me blogging AT ALL. He thinks I'm just playing around on the computer, when in reality I'm tired of being misunderstood by him, and I'm here on the computer bonding with others who do understand!
ReplyDeleteI had this same problem in my first marriage too :( I feel for you! It was so important to me to have this circle of friends.
DeleteI had this too with my husband. But he finally read some of my posts and realized I NEEDED blogging as an outlet. Hope it gets better for you both!
DeleteI love my husband, but I'm not sure if I'm in love with him. I can't stop thinking about one of his best friends though...
ReplyDeleteI had the best sex of my life last year. It was with my husbands best friend. Then I found out I was pregnant. It's like I'm living a Jerry Springer episode but without the trailers. We're in a small southern town so there's no way I can say something without the whole town knowing. I don't know what to do.
ReplyDelete