Monday, February 11, 2013

He Has A Sense Of Humor

I mentioned on my bumpdates that I'd been having daily migraines. I've mentioned it on twitter as well, and finally decided to do something about it.

I know the exact moment when I decided to do something drastic about the daily migraines and demand something be done from my doctor, too.

I was at home with M and my head was hurting oh! so! bad!

It was a beautiful day outside and although I desperately wanted M to be her carefree and playful self outside, I just knew I couldn't handle it at the moment. But M went to the window, pointed outside at the kids playing in the neighborhood, and said, "Momma. My friends are outside!" She then put her sneakers on and came to me.

My heart sank. Then? I started feeling anxious and upset. My worst fear from when I was pregnant with M? Was about not being able to be a great parent because of debilitating headaches. It was coming to fruition.

I was crushed.

M just stared up at me, seeing I was sad, and said, "Momma? You okay?"
 
My Mom came over (during daytime hours, which has happened only twice in the past year because she works but happened to be using vacation days that week) to bring me some medicine.

I felt better when I saw my Mom and explained to her that my worst fear came true. Her response?

Sweety? If that's your biggest concern as a parent,
that you can't take M out right now,
then you're doing better than most parents.
This too shall pass.
Wise words, eh? I love that woman.

Anyway. My Mom had to get back home and so, sucking it up and trying to let M have some fresh air, decided we'd walk my Mom back to her car. As I was about to step out of the house, my Mom said, "Do you want to close the door and lock it?" I replied, "I'm not locking it with a key, but I'll close the door. Because even when the door is closed and the bottom lock is set, it doesn't keep the door "locked". You can still push the door open. See?"
 
So I closed the door to show my Mom what I was talking about.

And? For the first time in six years, the bottom lock kept the door "locked" shut.

M had stepped out of the house right after my Mom, so all three of us were outside. On a beautiful day. With my phone and house keys inside the house.

I busted out laughing. Whereas only minutes before I told M I couldn't get us outside because I was feeling so awful, we were now locked outside.  

We had no choice but to be outside now.

I called The Husband from my Mom's cell and he said he'd be leaving work soon. It was 3:50 pm and he gets out at 4. Of course, it was one of the heaviest traffic days ever, and Hubs didn't get home until after 5pm.

We sent my Mom off and M and I walked around the neighborhood, played with the kids, breathed in the fresh air.

And? My headache went away. My heart filled up with happiness and love. And in that moment, I realized it.

Something I was so scared of happening, actually happened. And? I survived. Sure, G-d showed me that he has a sense of humor. But really? I needed it.

Hubs and I had a great laugh about the whole situation. But I'll tell you this. I'll be bringing my keys with me every time I leave the house now. Even if it is just to sit on the patio

6 comments:

  1. God works in mysterious ways. He wanted you two outside for some fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you get headaches so bad! Is it a pregnancy related thing, or an all the time thing? I used to get terrible headaches and after years of suffering, my dentist found the problem... teeth grinding at night. I never even knew I did it! Thank goodness that problem was solved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww I'm glad you're feeling better. you are definitely not failing as a parent. I hope they can get your migraines under control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you are still dealing with these headaches! But your momma is right your doing a lot better than other moms if thats your biggest issue! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad being outside helped!!! Whether it was intentionally done or not. Certain things happen for a reason.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved