Sunday, February 10, 2013

Smothered Chicken - Crockpot

I wanted to get dinner started early today and found a recipe that said the cooking time is 6-7 hours on low in the crockpot.

Perfect!

Smothered Chicken it is.



Ingredients:
•I used 4 pieces of chicken breast
•1 can cream of chicken
•1 can french onion
•1 can cream of mushroom
•I used 1 container of sliced mushrooms (and after washing them, cut them in half again)
•half cup of sliced carrots (I added a little more sliced carrots than recommended. Not sure why?!)
•bunch of Rosemary
•salt and pepper
•you can add a half cup of celery but I didn't. Hubs and I aren't celery fans.





Place chicken in crockpot.

Add can of cream of mushroom, cream of chicken and french onion on top of chicken. Add sliced carrots and mushrooms on top of "sauces". Add bunch of Rosemary and some salt and pepper.


Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Serve over noodles, rice or potatoes.

Hubs decided we'd have rice.

finished product.

Perfect for a cold winter night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved