Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pesce Panini = YUM

I'm reposting this because this recipe is that good.

We were given a panini maker as a wedding present and I just remembered we had it the other day. So, I dug it out from our "store the extras" room and used it.




It came with a cookbook so I immediately got to work making something for dinner.

I tried Pesce Panino and it turned out wonderfully!

Ingredients:
•2 eggs
•salt and pepper
•1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
•4 slices whole grain bread
•1 tablespoon low-fat mayo
•6 oz can tuna, drained
•4 leaves of romaine lettuce
•1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil


We added tomatoes, onions, white cheese and American cheese.

Directions:
Pour 1/2 tsp of ev olive oil in a pan. Make a cheese omelet (we used low fat American cheese). Add a little bit of salt and pepper for taste.

Spread mayo on two slices of bread. Divide omelet in half and layer over mayo smeared halves of bread. Mix tuna in a bowl. Then add it on top of omelet. Add toppings (like lettuce, tomato, onions, white cheese, etc.)

Add other slices of bread on top. Lightly brush sandwiches with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.

Grill for 2-3 minutes in the panini maker on the low setting, position one.

We went all out and added BBQ chips on the side. Yum!

1 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious, but Michael would never eat it :( (along with most other foods!)

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved