We took our sweet M to her first concert a few weeks ago. It was Disney on Ice and it was amaaaaaazing.
M had been fighting a cold for a few weeks leading up to the show, yet she managed to be in the best spirits the day of the show. (Without her even knowing where we were going.) She's pretty awesome.
Anyway.
The ice skaters at the show? Incredible. So energetic. Always smiling. Waving at us folks down close to the rink. (We had fourth row seats!)
I was so impressed with the show. And M just loved the show. She's still talking about the "Princess Show," over a month later.
And, because no show is complete without the perfect outfit, M chose to wear her Minnie Mouse costume while there. I mean, Minnie
is a Disney character, after all.
I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. And a little video. And if you listen closely, you can hear us singing during it... (I think the video only works on a computer, not phone. Grr. Thanks blogger!)
If you get a chance to take your little{s}, I highly suggest going.
(*forgive me for the quality of pictures. I didn't think I'd need my dslr. I was obviously wrong.)
 |
| Just walking to the show... |
 |
| Just to show how close we were to the action. |
 |
| Goofy, Minnie, Mickey. |
 |
| Alice in Wonderland cards. I'd never watched this movie so I was unsure about all of this. |
 |
| Captain Hook |
 |
| Peter Pan |
 |
| Captain Hook and his gang. |
 |
| Captain Hook and Peter Pan having a showoff. |
 |
| My favorite. Pumba and Timone! Lion King anyone? |
 |
| Simba and the hyenas. |
 |
| Remember in the movie when there's a stampede of buffalo? These are the buffalo. |
 |
| OHMYGAHH. Timone and Pumba. :) |
|
|
 |
| Action shot! Look at Pumba mid-air. |
 |
| Simba doing a fancy twirl. |
 |
| Nala and Simba, with Nala in the air. |
 |
| Rafiki! |
 |
| I love Pumba more than I should. Whatever. |
 |
| Say hello to the Seven Dwarves. |
 |
| Hubs' favorite: Aladdin and Genie. Of course, M saw Jasmine on the palace about 10 minutes before I did, so she was pointing saying, "Jasmine! Jasmiiine!" and I'm all, "No babe, that's Aladdin and Genie." Toddler: 1 Momma: 0 |
 |
| The elephant bringing Aladdin in! And Genie! And dancers, oh my! |
 |
| These were neon-lit dancers for Ariel! They were mimicking under the sea creatures. (obviously, right?) |
 |
| The Lobster from Ariel |
 |
| Lanterns! This can only mean Rapunzel. |
 |
| And all of the princesses and their princes. This is where Belle and Beast showed up, Mulan, and one or two others Disney characters. |
I didn't get pictures of the evil stepmother with Snow White, or one
or two other small parts. But the show was simply incredible. I mean,
these performers are
ice skating while twirling and smiling and
waving and dancing and all I'd be doing is holding onto the wall for
dear life, praying I didn't fall down a mere foot. So, kudos to these
amazing performers and all involved who made my sweet girl have the best
day ever.
And that's a wrap, folks.
 |
| She's saying, "Bye everyone! Great show! Bye Belle! Bye Jasmine! Bye Snow White! Bye Tiana!" |
Looks like you guys had a great time!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!! It looks like a great show!!
ReplyDeleteis it super weird that I am 22 and really really really want to go?!?
ReplyDeletereason number #53839 why P needs to give me a baby.
;)
Aww, so much fun! My mom took me to see Beauty and the Beast on ice when I was a teenager and it was amazing. We both still talk about it. I can't wait to take Violet to her first show!
ReplyDeleteThat looks awesome, and I don't even have kids!
ReplyDeleteI have seen all of the Disney on Ice shows. Twice. When I was little, my aunt used to take me every time they would come to the MCI Center. Er, Verizon Center. Whatever. So much fun!!
ReplyDeleteI'm planning to take my kids next week!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, so jealous! I totally wanna go... regardless of whether or not the boys want to go, haha! :)
ReplyDeleteThis looks FANTASTIC!!! And not to mention wearing those crazy costumes, too!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like such a wonderful time! I love that she was telling everyone bye... so sweet!
ReplyDelete