Monday, June 3, 2013

33 Week Bumpdate

How far along: 33 weeks (June 2nd, 2013)

What's Up with My Body: I learned the hard way that hydration is super essential to feeling well during pregnancy. I'm not a natural drinker, so I've been forcing myself to drink more. Because of the higher water intake, I've been thankfully feeling pretty good! It's still hard to turn over in bed, but what's new. Also: if you know anyone with a bulldozer, I'll gladly hire them to turn me over in the middle of the night. kthx.


 
Emotions: I got teary eyed at something random this week. I think I have my emotions under control, usually.

Food: Thankfully, the only aversion I've had is to onions, which started when I was pregnant with M. I just can't get past the taste they leave in my mouth. Blah.

Baby: She's a mover and I love it! M was playing with my belly today, poking it. Baby Almond started wiggling around right where M's finger was and it was like they were playing with each other. Be still my tender momma heart. I love that Baby Almond moves around so much.
Labor Signs: None, thankfully!

Stretch Marks: I have a few now. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I was surprised at first, cried a few tears and moved on. I'd rather they come from pregnancy than anything else.

Using: Nada.

Nursery: Once we get the keys to our new house, the nursery will get done. I have the color scheme selected and the furniture is here. We just have to get.into.the.house.

Concerns: I'm still concerned about the delivery. I'd really like to not have the pain I had the first time around...

Maternity Clothes: Maxi skirts aren't maternity so I'm clear there, but my shirts are half maternity, half not.

Dreams: The scary dreams I've been having are intense. Like woah. I wake up and feel winded, almost.

Funniest Daddy Moment: Baby Almond was moving around ferociously and I put The Husband's hand on my belly. He immediately felt the baby move and got startled! "Doesn't that hurt?", he asked. Well actually? Sometimes it does make me say, "Ohh!"

Classes?: None. We won't take any, just like we didn't when pregnant with M.

Something I want to always remember: The incredible feeling of knowing I can carry my own child, to feel the baby's first movements and to know that I'm her very first home.

Size of baby?: 17 inches (around 4.5 lbs, or the size of a pineapple)


 Weight gain?: I'm up 26 lbs. Hoping to keep it under 30, total.

Sleep?: I have a hard time turning over and have to switch sides every two hours because my hips hurt.

Best Moment of the Week? M trying to feel her baby sister move. And M saying, "When my baby sister is here, we'll cuddle together and sleep near each other!"

Miss Anything? Being able to move around with ease, running, turning over in the night without pulling/pushing off of Hubs.

Movement?: yes!

Food Cravings?: chocolate. what's new?

Gender?: sweet Baby Girl!

Symptoms?: Heartburn like you wouldn't believe. If I drink more water, it's not as intense/often. But ohmygoodness the heartburn.

Belly button in or out?: In, thankfully. Let's hope it stays that way.

Looking forward to: Meeting Baby Girl. To having M and her baby sister meet. To kissing sweet newborn cheeks!

Next baby check-up?: this week

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Such fun updates! I've reached 25 weeks and I had previously been concerned b/c I couldn't feel little girl move a lot. But now, she's a mover and a shaker sometimes! It's cool and weird at the same time! The heartburn-oh I can so relate! Drives me nuts! I've had to really up my water intake and have started to crave Gatorade (which I used to despise). Glad things are going so well for you! Baby Girl #2 will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss feeling Violet move about, it is such a special feeling! When do you get into the new house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh so exciting! I always love to read what sweet M has to say about her little sister!! I will pray for your delivery, friend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like feeling that sweet baby move inside of you! Hope I never forget that feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I remember the heartburn! I had to eventually eat Tums a lot and avoid certain foods!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved