If I love something? I'll tell you. Why keep it a secret from friends, right?
But I also want to be honest and share my thoughts and experiences when things don't work the way they're supposed to. Or when service is subpar.
Because let's face it, ain't nobody got time for that.
The Husband, M and I ventured over to our local Toys R Us last night. We wanted to get M a baby pool that we could dip our toes in until we move in a few weeks and buy a pool membership.
Simple plans.
We decided while at the store that we'd look at double strollers because, at 35 weeks pregnant with your second child, you want to feel somewhat prepared.
We tested out the Baby Trend Sit n' Stand Double Stroller because my sister and brother-in-law have one that they've used amongst their four boys over the years. They suggested we get a different double stroller but we wanted to see how that type of stroller maneuvered, versus a side-by-side double stroller.
This is the stroller.
The back seat is where it recommended the toddler sit. The front seat would be for a car seat.
We put M in the back seat, following the directions from the stroller. The Husband took her through two aisles and brought her back. Then it was my turn. When I got back to my husband, I locked the stroller in place.
And that's when it happened. The seatbelt on M's seat suddenly snapped and went through the base of the seat, allowing M to slip RIGHT THROUGH THE BACK OF THE STROLLER.
It happened so fast and M slammed to the hardwood floors so quickly, with a resounding "POP" sound echoing as her head hit the floor.
My child is not a crier. I have said this multiple times on this here blog.
But this time? She cried for over five minutes. She was holding her head. Her elbow. Saying over and over, "I fell out of that bad stroller and hit my head so hard!" as she sobbed and buried her head in our necks and chest.
I. AM. OUTRAGED.
How can a company that is supposed to keep children safely contained in an apparatus like a stroller, be okay with themselves? How do you make a stroller where the SAFETY belt can come undone so quickly that a child can fall through within seconds?
So, if I'm unbuckling M from her seat, but get distracted by the baby in the front seat, M can fall through again and get hurt again, within seconds!!!, which is the amount of time it took from moving the seatbelt aside to M falling through the back.
Let's say I switched M to the front seat, as my brother-in-law has done in his sit n' stand double stroller.
Look at the amazon reviews for that.
So basically, regardless of where I put my most precious cargo, my children, I have to worry about them slipping out and getting hurt.
And this is supposed to be okay with parents?
No one at Toys R Us came to help us in the stroller aisle prior to us trying out the stroller, even though my husband and I both attempted to flag someone down.
No one came to check on us when M was crying. And we all know a child's hurt cry is different from a, "but I want this toy!" cry.
I called the Baby Trend Sit n' Stand company to complain about the lack of safety on their stroller. Their response? "We'll pass your name and number on and get back to you."
Really? That's your response? To my child getting hurt because your stroller lacks a safety feature that doesn't allow her to just slip out and hit her head alarmingly hard on a wood floor!? That could've been concrete outside?!
M has said no less than three dozen times, between last night and this morning, how she "doesn't want that stroller" and "I know you were sad when I cried so much and got hurt by that bad stroller."
She is scarred by what happened, as we are.
I hope this helps influence you all to make the best decision possible when buying (or even testing out!) a double stroller.


Oh my word, how scary! I can't believe their response to you. Thanks for sharing this. I hope sweet M is okay!
ReplyDeleteGah that is scary. I can't believe no one came to help you when M was crying! That is ridiculous!
ReplyDeletePoor M! Sounds like a terrible experience. I hope you find a stroller that you love!
ReplyDeleteWow. How freaking ridiculous is that?!? I am outraged right along with you. There is no excuse for any of this, I am going to pass all this blog post to other moms.
ReplyDeleteI am upset over the fact that no one came to help you. I've noticed more and more how difficult it is to get help at stores and it is really frustrating.
I am not a mom, but that is ridiculous and scary.
ReplyDeleteI love little miss M and her big heart. Poor thing, so sad she got hurt:(
That's so scary! We do have that stroller, but it was an earlier model that didn't have the other seat in the back...just the bench and stand. SO terrible...and even worse that they blew you off...poor sweet M
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! So glad M is OK. Can't believe (well, yes I can) that you got that lame response from the company.
ReplyDeleteNaw girl, I would NOT put up with that bs! I'm so glad M is ok though, thank you for sharing this! Buyer beware indeed!
ReplyDeleteOMG, why aren't they taken that specific stroller out and don't sell it or fix it immediately. Their response is horrible, but shows they are used to getting complaints. SO they should do something NOW rather than tomorrow. Ridiculous. They should definitely be out of business. Glad you're little one is okay though.
ReplyDelete