Friday, June 7, 2013

Silver Linings.

Our place. It's a mess. Everywhere. You can't walk a straight line in the living room because there are toys everywhere. Or a random blanket strewn on the floor. Or a couch pillow nestled on it's side against the couch but on the floor. M and I spent a few hours cleaning the other day and haven't been home much since to make a mess in the living room again. So how did the mess even happen?

And, I just don't have the energy to clean it all up. Or to even ask M to clean her stuff up, since I know she would.

I managed to pack up most of our desk yesterday. It took me an hour and filled a ginormous plastic bin. And there's more on the desk that needs to be packed. I just don't understand how I have so much stuff, {teaching supplies, art supplies} after I've given so much away.

The kitchen? It needs its own disaster zone sign. Clean dishes and the like have been sitting in the dishwasher since Wednesday night. Bending over to pick up a plate to put away causes me heartburn so I haven't put any of the clean stuff away yet. I know The Husband would if I asked him to, but my thinking is, "Who wants to do housework after a day in the office?!"

So now dirty dishes have piled up in the sink. Which now is causing dirty dishes and glasses to pile up on the counters.

It's stressing me out because I can't stand messes and untidiness. But yet the work seems so overwhelming right now, that I don't even know where to start. Or want to start, if I'm being totally honest.

At least the laundry is caught up on? And put away? Surely that counts for something.

We have so much packing to do and yet I barely know where to start with everything. And the tenants in the house we bought are being uncooperative, unappreciative, and downright rude. So they're making my job harder and that has been causing me to have a bad headache every.single.day for the past three weeks.

I'm exhausted. I was up, for no good reason, for two hours during the night last night. Now? I already have a headache from the exhaustion.

It's pouring outside and I'm left here wondering, why can't our area have two days, just two days in a row, of sunny days and spring temps.

Because last year? It was unseasonably warm and beautiful from early March to September.

This year? We've barely had enough warm days to fill up an entire month. And summer is officially just a few weeks away. This cold, dreary, rainy weather is seriously bringing me down.

I have my family. And my health. And my first doctors appointment for Baby Almond in five weeks is today. So I still have silver linings amongst all of the disorganization and chaos and mess in life.

And for that I am grateful.

Now if I could just sneak in a nap today.



0 comments:

Post a Comment



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved