Four and a half days of grief, overwhelming sadness, moments of crying outbreaks, a few smiles, and miles of tears.
Four and a half days.
I was sitting in my Grandma's favorite chair in the dining room on Saturday.
M and I had come from the new house we just bought for our expanding family because The Husband and his parents were painting and, as I assumed I overdid it the day before by unpacking a kitchen box, was achey. So M and I went to my parents house.
I was sitting, my Grandma was standing next to me. I explained I'd been feeling contractions but, "Baby Almond is here! Look!" and I showed my Grandma the bump on my right side. From my outstretched thumb to the tip of my outstretched middle finger, Brielle's bum fit perfectly.
A perfect tiny little part of my tiny little angel.
And that's the last time I remember feeling my Baby Brielle.
Hubs and I are never far from sadness. Overwhelming sadness.
But we have been surrounded by family and friends and because of that, and our little M, we have managed to smile a few times.
Though I'll admit, it feels wrong to laugh. Or smile. And it's not that it feels good to be sad. Or feel grief. Or know that I may be angry and then cry in two minutes.
But laughing when you just had your heart broken in half? It doesn't seem right.
I say to myself, "I don't know how I've made it through these past few days," quite often.
Then I remember that we have been living, literally, moment by moment.
I am incapable of thinking of plans more than an hour in advance. I can't make decisions right now and honestly? I don't care enough about most things to even want to make a decision.
My husband and M have been my biggest blessings through all of this. I can't say it enough: without those two perfect souls, I wouldn't be getting out of bed everyday, I wouldn't be attempting to get things settled, and I probably would have given up on most things in life.
Moment by moment.
That's our new normal for now.
And I hate it.
I hate every second of this new life we have to become accustomed to.
There were so many July babies that were to be born around when Brielle was.
Those ladies are still pregnant or having their babies.
Me? No longer pregnant when I should be and I don't have my darling Brielle to hold and cuddle, to smell the newborness of. To be tired because of. I have an empty shell of a body with a broken heart.
I hate this new "normal" and I don't see it changing anytime soon.


My heart breaks for you, sweet friend. I'm so so sorry.
ReplyDeleteWe are here for you. Sending prayers.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for you loss babe. Love you. Thinking about you and your family. Praying for you guys. Xoxo
ReplyDeleteHugs and more hugs coming your way! I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. You have been on mind everyday. <3
ReplyDeleteThis brings me to tears. I love you, love you, love you. Praying so much.
ReplyDeleteJust take it moment by moment, that is all you can do. Hugs my friend.
ReplyDeleteThis just breaks my heart. I am so, so sorry that you are going through this. It's just not fair.
ReplyDeleteThat's all you can do my friend is take it moment to moment, but I promise it won't be this way forever. Sending prayers and love to you all.
ReplyDeletemoment by moment is all you can do.
ReplyDeleteMy heart breaks reading this. Taking it moment by moment is definitely all you can do.
ReplyDelete**HUGS**
ReplyDeleteHugs and prayers.
ReplyDeleteIt is moment by moment, yes. And it is SO intense and overwhelming and confusing. Let it out, feel it, express it, do whatever you need to do.
ReplyDeleteI cannot imagine what you're going through but take as long as it needs. If it takes a month, two months, a year or even longer. Take as long as you need and don't let everyone else push you. It's not a lot of help I know, and it may bring everything back to you, but I know someone who endured the same as you. Exactly the same. With her second child. It took her, the whole family, awhile but they got stronger and accepted what fate had in store for them so to speak. Their third child was born a couple of years later and is one of the sweetest boys I've ever met. It will get better, also for you. Just take your time and know we are all here for you.
ReplyDelete