Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My Brielle Elena and Heartache

The doctors said about a month ago that I had been having a "textbook perfect" pregnancy.

I always considered myself lucky because both of my girls took it easy on me during the pregnancy.

Well, on Saturday, June 29th, I started having contractions every 20-25 minutes apart during the day.

I was paying attention, but it wasn't anything to call the doctor about. Hubs, M and I managed to get to bed and by 11:30pm, we were all sleeping. At 12:30am, I woke up to a gush of liquid and lo and behold, my water broke.

We went to the hospital and by 1:30, I was getting hooked up to a sonogram machine which confirmed every parents worst nightmare: our sweet Baby Brielle Elena had no heartbeat.

At 4lbs 15oz, 18.5" long, my darling second daughter that had her sisters lips, mommy's nose and Daddy's toes, with dark hair long enough to start curling out already, came into this world as an angel. I miss her terribly. So so terribly. At 37 weeks, I should still be pregnant and growing my darling daughter so she's strong and healthy for birth in a few weeks.

I have so many thoughts and feelings that I want to share but the only thing I can really say at the moment is that we're devastated.

M is our joy and is the main reason we smile right now.

We have been surrounded by family and realize how lucky we are to have them nearby and love us and our sweet Brielle so deeply.

We know the deepest pain one can feel and are living moment by moment.

In the next day or so, we have to make funeral arrangements for our second daughter.

Life isn't fair.

33 comments:

  1. I have no words other than we are continuing to pray for you and your precious family. My heart aches for your loss & you have been in my constant thoughts. Love, hugs & prayers sweet lady.

    - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah! I am so very sorry for your loss. No parent should EVER have to go through something so horrific. I am thinking about you. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to keep blowing up your social media, but I can't stop thinking about you and your family. Love you, girl. So so sorry for your loss. Xo -mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so incredibly heartbroken for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry. I cannot imagine what you are going through. Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I have a heavy heart for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness - I am so terribly sorry. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hurt just hearts for you. I'm so sorry. I too, unfortunately know the heart ache of losing a baby, something you want so much. And while I was only 9 weeks along, I can't even imagine what it is like for you right now. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking about you so much lately and praying for you and your family every day. I'm so sorry for your loss. Lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, you are constantly in my thoughts. I love you and am praying for you. I wish I was there to hug you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just can't even tell you how badly I wish that you weren't going through this. Baby Brielle is in good hands with her Heavenly Father and she is a sweet angel looking down on you. You will get to hold her again and raise her as your baby one day. Lots of hugs!!! I'm praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry. Her name is beautiful and I'm sure she was too. I'll be praying for you all. If you ever decide you want a support group of mommas who have been through this, I can help with that through a friend of mine. For now, take care of yourself and know that you have an army of friends storming Heaven with prayers for you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry. I know whatever words I say will not be adequete but I hope it brings you some comfort to know that I am thinking of you during this terrible time. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry for your lose. I can't imagine the pain you are going through. I am thinking about you and your family. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so so sorry. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My heart is so heavy for you and your family. I wish I could take your pain away. Sending big hugs your way my dear, sweet friend. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel just awful that you all have to go through this. I know that there is nothing I can say to take your pain away. Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry for your loss. You chose a beautiful name for her, and I have no doubt you'll serve her memory well too. Hugs for you and many prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sel, my heart is breaking for you and your family. I am so, so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for peace and comfort for you during this difficult time. Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girl I am so so sorry. My heart breaks for you. Again if there is anything I can do don't hesitate to ask. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. There are no words to describe the type of comfort I wish I could bring you.

    I love you so much my sweet friend, and my heart goes out to you and your entire family. Hug M with all your might and realize that you now have the most beautiful angel that could ever be watching over you all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This hurts my heart. I'm so, so sorry for your loss; you and your family are definitely in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Sel............I am so sorry my sweet friend. My heart is going out to you as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so so sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you and your family. You are in all of our thoughts and prayers as you battle through this difficult time. Please reach out to us if there is anything we can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My heart aches and breaks reading this. I know that no words are enough and I cannot possibly even imagine the pain you must be going through, but just know that we are all here for you. If you need anything at all, please let me know! <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so sorry, I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so sorry for your loss. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Life isn't fair. No mother should have to experience this kind of hurt. You haven't left my mind since you posted about this devastating news. Evalyn and I have been praying for you, B and M every night. We won't stop. I wish there were more words, but there just aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sending lots of prayers and love your way from Alabama. I've been thinking of you, and only wish there was more I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG, I am so sorry for your loss. I know nothing anyone says is going to make it better and I can't imagine the pain you are going through right now. I send you lots of thoughts and love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  31. My heart aches for you and your family. My prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What an absolutely gorgeous name for your daughter. I'm so sorry that she didn't stay, and that you know this pain.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I said it the day you mentioned it on Twitter, but I'm going to say it again today. I'm incredibly, heartbreakingly sorry for your loss, the pain you must still feel and the anger and questions that might still be in you. When you posted it I felt with you, and I realize it's impossible to do so, but I did nonetheless. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved