Monday, July 8, 2013

Today

I have been dreading today.

I can assume, and know without doubt, that today will be the worst day of my life.

Today, in a few hours, I have to bury my second daughter. My Baby Almond, my Baby Brielle.

The sweet child that I felt move just 8 days ago. The little girl that already has matching outfits with her big sister.

The little baby that always moved around when I had a frozen strawberry lemonade, the sweet innocent baby that I would joke would look just like me because in her 21 week anatomy scan, had the same shaped nose as me.

My Baby Almond, the little girl who was named after her grandmas, is returning to the earth today. And we couldn't be more sad about it.

Devastated would be accurate.

I want Brielle back in my belly. I want to feel her move and feel beautiful again knowing I'm creating life. I want to know I'm keeping my child safe, as her first home.

After all, I'm the only home she knew.

I just want Brielle to wake up and be home with us, in our arms and getting snuggled and kissed and loved on by us.

Today is the worst day of my life.

22 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. I know today is going to be the worst. I have so much pain for you as well. I want to cry with every post in regards to this. I cannot imagine the pain in having to deal with something like this. Stick by your husband and daughter to get through today and the days afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so sorry that you are going through this. I will be thinking about you today. Sending bear hugs all the way from Vancouver xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry! XOXO Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Praying, praying, praying. Xoxo.

    - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Brielle. My first daughter, Eliza, was stillborn in December of 2010, so I know exactly what you are going through. I remember those early days and weeks all too well--the gasping sadness, the disbelief, the shock and numbness wearing off, and the desperate, desperate ache to have a baby in your arms. I'm so sorry. I know how much it hurts just to breathe right now. Please know that you're not alone and that the grief will get easier to carry eventually. Right now you just have to get through one moment at a time. Sending love and light your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be thinking of you today more than ever. Hugs and prayers my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so so sorry. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you today, love. I can't imagine the pain that you are going through right now, but know that you are surrounded by love during this devastating time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not stopped thinking about you all..

    ReplyDelete
  10. **HUGS** My heart aches for you today and everyday before and after.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just caught up on your blog and I am thinking of you, sweet girl. I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope you continue to find strength through your beautiful words; I cannot imagine how you're feeling. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am still praying for and thinking about you. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry for your loss, I am just catching up on reading. I can't imagine the pain you are feeling. Prayers for you, your family and your angel baby during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't stopped thinking about or praying for you. I hope you find tiny moments of peace today. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry. I'm thinking of you and wish so much that I could give you a comforting hug.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been thinking of you a lot over the past week. I hate that this is happening to you and I wish for all the world that you could have baby Brielle with you. My heart is just sad. Praying for you today and hoping that you find a bit of peace knowing that she is being held by Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  17. my thoughts are with you and your family. I hope that as today is the worst, your future days will only get better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't stopped praying for you, Sel. Sending up extra good thoughts for you today, so I hope you can find some strength in knowing she's in God's arms now. LOTS of hugs for you, sweet friend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am deeply sorry for your loss. At some point, you may find a shred of comfort at Glow in the Woods (http://www.glowinthewoods.com/). All the best to you and your family on this most difficult of days.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My heart aches for you. I've been thinking and praying for you constantly.

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved