Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Princess and Pirates

The options I gave M for her birthday party this year was either a.) Dora or b.) Princess and Pirates themed stuff.

Thankfully, M chose Princess and Pirates.

Her invites were paper princess carriages with a "royalty" looking font.

There were princess and pirates crowns and tiaras, a princess pinata, a crown on her chocolate cake, pink eye patches, colored wands, princess and pirate whistles and other noise-makers.

The favorite attraction for the kids? A huge princess castle moon bounce that the kids enjoyed until the last minute.


Boys were encouraged to dress in pirate attire. Girls were asked to wear princess attire.

The girls came dressed for the ball!

M chose to wear her newest addition to her princess attire: a snow white dress. With her dark hair and fair skin, she looked perfect!

Other princesses in attendance were Tinkerbell, Minnie Mouse and Rapunzel.

I didn't take a ton of pictures at the party. (So basically, less than 100) But I tried to stay in the moment and enjoy M and our families and friends.

I had a vision of what M's birthday party would look like, for a long time. Those visions ended of course, when everything happened with Brielle.

I thought of Brielle a lot during M's birthday party, and knew that she should be here and enjoying the fun. I still tried to stay as positive as I could, though, through the sadness of Baby Sister not being in attendance.

Overall, we had a fantastic birthday party and everyone has said how much fun they had.

These are the times to celebrate, and celebrate we will.

5 comments:

  1. my daughter had a princess and pirate party when she turned 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable theme for the party! I bet those kids had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo cute! So glad she had such a great time, and that you were able to enjoy the day:):) miss you gorgeous! We need to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I love your party theme! Please text me some pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to M!! I love how not a ton of pictures is less than 100, I'm the same way. :)

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved