I'm so confused right now about things.
Like, why is chevron still popular? I know, people love zig-zags. I'm well aware because, let's face it, social media loves chevron. But, I don't get the hype. And there are people with chevron curtain panels, shower curtains, rugs, pillows, shirts, dresses, purses... all in one home. Why? Why do that to yourself? One or two accent pieces, okay. I get it. But all of the above? Overkill. Now polka dots? That I can get behind. In all of the areas I mentioned above. Kidding. Sorta.
And, for the love of all things wonderful, why do people love chik-fil-a? The Husband and I went to try their food and a.) it was mediocre at best b.) their chocolate chip cookie was blah and c.) Boardwalk Fries has the best milkshakes known to mankind.
Speaking of Boardwalk Fries, their fries are amazing too...
Something else I don't understand? Is how so many bloggers have something to blog about every.single.day. I mean, I talk. A lot. But every single day, for what seems like months and months and months? Send me some of your writing juju, please.
I'm also confused as to why restaurants don't get new equipment when it's needed. My local hole in the wall, for example, has made my most favorite chicken caesar salads for, well, about 15 years now. Except, the chicken started coming out burnt. So when I'd place the order, I'd ask for the chicken to literally be, "not burnt." The result? Chicken that was barely cooked and still pink in the middle.

I'm sure it's just a new grill needed, and not new cooks. But still. Local hole in the wall, get it together.
I'm confused as to why my child wants me to dress like a bunny for Halloween. I mean, I'm no playboy bunny. (Hell, even the thought of that makes me vomit in my mouth.) But a bunny? My sweet child couldn't have said I should be a Disney princess, as she's going to be? Or even a queen? What about being a stay at home mom, so I can be comfortable in my yoga pants? NOPE. A bunny. So I just bought the ears and a little bunny tail because, well, my child wants me to be a bunny for Halloween. And I'm a sucker. So, yeah.
And why, why, WHY is Peppa Pig allowed to be a show?! Pigs that have British accents, that snort, and in most episodes, everyone falls over laughing at the end. I mean, what?! So now, my lovely daughter calls her Dad, "Datty". Pronounced as Dat-tee. Like how the little piggies call their Daddy. Thanks, pigs. My child now speaks with a British accent after seeing the show only a few times.
Cocount water. I will never understand why it exists. The end.
And lastly, I'm confused about why chocolate isn't considered a healthy food group. I mean, it comes from beans. And a bean is usually healthy, right? You see where I'm going here? And my husband would certainly say that it's good and healthy for me to have chocolate nearby. At all times...
What are you confused about?


I dont get the chevron thing either. Nor the Chik fil a thing.
ReplyDeleteI like chevron for the most part but I don't understand the obsession and why it's on everything in the entire world. I'm making a mental note to avoid peppa pig in the future. Good job for getting the bunny ears and tail, that is being a good sport. I'm throwing the Halloween party for our little group of kids and moms and I'm just going to buy some headband ears of some sort to wear.
ReplyDeleteCracking up through this whole post!! Before I even got to the polka dots part, getting behind polka dots already crossed my mind. I don't do chevron and don't get it either. Polka dots? Yep. Classic.
ReplyDeleteI do love Chic-fil-a though. Craved like crazy when pregnant with Lily and occasionally this time too.
I wonder about the blogging every single day. Doesn't happen for me either.
Peppa Pig...your whole take cracked me up! Lily loves it too and has developed her British accent as well. When my son broke his wrist last month, she told him if his scooter had had "stabilizers" he wouldn't have broken his arm. We also stop for "petrol" now and not gas. 3 years old. What?!
I just got my first Chevron items all for Emilys bday party!
ReplyDeleteI don't get the chevron thing either, but I guess it is like zebra print was a while back. I hope polka dots aren't trendy now, though, because I hate them!! haha. I admit, I do love chik-fil-a (isn't all fast food mediocre at best? lol) but don't freak out about it; I just go eat it when I want to! And I, too, cannot understand how bloggers have something to talk about every single day! I'm usually just happy that I made it through the day, let alone blogged about it!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Don't even get me started on Peppa Pig! Hate that show. And how both of the eyes on the pigs' faces are on the same side of the face and the snout is just randomly sticking off the side of their heads. I mean... what??? We have all this high tech animation and we can't even have facially anatomically correct pigs/??? rawwrrr. OK... I had to get that off my chest. ;)
ReplyDeleteCoconut water tastes like dirt.
ReplyDeleteI don't have anything to blog about daily (or weekly, even), but I hope you find that writing juju because I love reading your posts :)
Happy Friday, Friend :)
I don't get the chevron thing either. And I definitely don't have the blogging juju everyone else does. I need some of that too.
ReplyDeleteThis is my first time stopping by, and I'm officially in love with you.
ReplyDeleteChocolate is so totally a legume and chevron is a bit much. We have one chevron crib sheet. And one chevron rug. And one chevron bedspread. And one chevron collar on our dog. And one chevron decal on our refrigerator.
None of that is true besides the crib sheet. And that was a gift.
I'm confused about Glee. I don't understand why people like it or why it's still on the air.
This cracked me up. Ok, I'm on the chevron train for sure. I love all the chevron things, but I only own a chevron crib sheet. LOL on the Peppa Pig and coconut water (ewwww and eww). Mia calls gas petro and Hubs is Dat-tee in our house also. She's obsessed with Peppa. OBsessed.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Angela on Glee. Just don't get it. I also don't get people that obsessively market their "whatever they are selling" all over Facebook and Twitter. Stop it already.
Eh, chevron I can totally do without.
ReplyDeleteI do love me some Chick-fil-A (also Target, which you don't love).
Coconut water. No, no, no.
I don't get the "mustache" trend. It's dumb. I "mustache" you a question-why does this trend still exist?!!
ReplyDeleteI don't get coconut water.
And I totally don't get people who are so obsessed with fitness and weight loss that they stop eating things that are actually good for them and start subbing in things like fake butter and protein powder. Eat some damn chicken.
I don't get Chevron and up until a couple months ago, I had no idea what it was. My friend was dressing her twins in it and posting on instagram about and I literally had to ask her what in the world she was talking about. I guess I'm not in the cool club. And Chic-fi-la.. I just like their cow billboards.. but really, I don't eat fast food anyways. And milkshakes me sick, BOOO! I've never tried coconut water and don't intend too.. I like my water plain, like my ice. Crunchy.
ReplyDelete