Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Keeping Busy

I really need to share an amazing email my friend Molly wrote me on July 2nd, just two days after our world was rocked.

It mentions an amazing quote, about how the grief comes in tidal waves.. Sometimes you can stay afloat, other times you're barely able to hold on to something in order to catch your breath before another wave comes and knocks you down.

The email made me punch the dashboard of the car, if you want the truth. We were on our way to picking an up after leaving the funeral home to make arrangements for our sweet innocent second daughter.

Molly's email wasn't mean. It wasn't hurtful. It made me angry enough to punch the dashboard because it spoke the truth. It hit my heart right at its core. It made me realize I'm in this process of grief for a long time. And I needed to read that email. It did a lot of good, and Molly has become a constant rock for me through these difficult times.

Also, if you follow me on twitter, you'll see me write some days, "it's a tidal wave day." Maybe now you better understand what that means.

And I've had a few tidal wave days recently, and as expected, it's no fun.

So, in an attempt to keep myself busy and distracted while M is in school, I started selling personalized ornaments again. This project has kept me so busy and I'm so so so appreciative of that.


If you'd like to place an order, let me know. Some ornaments are glass. Some are plastic. Your choice. You choose the color. And wording. And if you want script or block lettering. And regular size ($4) or large size ($5).





Tis the season.

4 comments:

  1. Hugs to you. Praying for waves to come less frequently.

    And those are beautiful!! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so adorable!!! I may have to hit you up for some orders :) I'll email you for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ornaments are gorgeous and keeping busy is a great idea-- I know this personally because it's EXACTLY what I had to do the first holidays after Miller passed away. I'm here for you honey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had some ornaments auntie

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved