Thursday, January 23, 2014

Responses

This post was bound to happen.

I have had so many responses to say to people since everything happened with Brielle.

I understand that when there is silence, people want to talk to fill the void. I get it. Instead of just letting silence be okay, the person feels an overwhelming need to talk. So, this typically means the person just has to say something, instead of waiting for the opportunity to say something meaningful.

Here are some of the idiotic things people have said over the past {almost} 7 months since Brielle became an angel.

Person:

"At least you have M!"
"You're young! You'll have more kids."
"Everything happens for a reason."

Here is the response I have wanted to say:



And what I've actually done:

because I'm in sheer horror of the crap that comes out of peoples mouths.


Person:
Not even two months after losing Brielle: "Do you want more kids? Are you allowed to have more?"

My response:

because, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware I needed permission to HAVE A CHILD.


Person:
"You should get some rest. You look tired and sad. You don't look like you're taking care of yourself."

My response:

Okay, maybe it was only in my head that I hit them with an oversized {probably Chanel} bag. But still. The thought was there, and it's the thought that counts.

When people started coming forward and saying, "I know a friend of a friend who this happened to. But they're okay now. They had xyz kids since then."

My response:

Because, although I'm happy people were able to continue procreating, I'm not at that point yet.

When one of my former best friends said to me shortly after I had Brielle:
"You're not the only one with things going on in life."

My response was:

and this...

And this..

No, really. We had a somewhat polite verbal exchange. It ended with me hanging up on her via text. (does that even make sense? because it does to me)


And for the people that think it's okay to give me advice on how to deal with grief and on how long I should be grieving:



And because I love Fat Amy, and you can't go wrong with anything related to Pitch Perfect...







10 comments:

  1. you are the absolute best. you just are.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. People can be so clueless and downright rude. Though not the same at all but when we were trying for three years to conceive we got stupid responses like just relax, you shouldn't try so hard, etc etc. idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope I never said anything stupid to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry people have been so insensitive. People don't think before they speak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry that people have been so RUDE to you.
    Keep your head up pretty girl, and if necessary hit a bitch over the had with an oversized bag:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your grief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what you've been through. I know that the insensitive comments have to make it so much worse :( Not the same at all, but I got a bunch of stupid comments during my years of infertility and a miscarriage. What is wrong with people?!
    The gifs were hilarious and I really wanted to go beat the snot out of someone after I read this. I probably won't. Probably.
    (Here from the SITS FB group)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is freaking fantastic! It was so good seeing you the other day, I hope we can do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wrote a whole chapter in my first book on the stupid things people say when someone young dies.
    You are so right kindness is well ...kinder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I loved this...and your former best friend...no words. Her response blew my mind.

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved