Thursday, September 4, 2014

Baby Cashew. Round 3



The title of this post just got me all giddy and excited. Do you know how hard it is to keep an awesome secret? And for 11 weeks? It's hard.

We told our families within a few weeks of finding out. Actually, M told my Mom, my sister realized it when I stopped answering questions, and my Dad is pretty much psychic so he knew on his own. I told my brother recently. My in-laws found out after our second sonogram in mid-July.

But everyone responded the same...


When you're going somewhere and your friends are over excited about it


I'm considered high-risk this pregnancy, so things have changed this time around. I'm on four medications instead of just one pre-natal with both of the girls. I also have self-injections to do daily, for blood-thinning purposes. It's all a bit different, but worth it, of course.

I feel great and am excited (and scared and terrified and nervous and throw in every emotion you could probably have after a major loss) for this baby to join our family.

And, excuse the iphone picture and dirty mirror. But here's a quick bump shot!



We are hoping and praying that we get to keep this baby. Prayers are always appreciated.

11 weeks 2 days in Jamaica. And that sunset. Gorgeous.


13 weeks with Baby Cashew!

I want to add the whole backstory of how we found out we were pregnant. It's actually kind of funny. But for now, I'll fill out a pregnancy survey. Because I want this pregnancy documented just like I did with Brielle. (sorry M, I barely blogged while you were in my tummy!)

14 Weeks 4 Days


How far along: 14 weeks 1 Day

Due Date: March 1, 2015. However, doctors want to induce a few weeks early because Brielle was born at 37 weeks.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm down 5 lbs

Maternity clothes: I found some of my maternity clothes that I hid after losing Brielle. I finally wore a maternity shirt at 11.5 weeks, but that was the one and only time for a shirt. I've worn maternity pants a few times. It's still warm and muggy here, so I've been able to wear flowy summer dresses and maxi's.

Stretch marks: None yet from this pregnancy. Although I found some from my pregnancy with Brielle recently, and I LOVE them. It proves she was a part of me.

Sleep: I've been tossing and turning for WEEKS now. My hips hurt a lot from around 9 weeks until 13 weeks. I'm using a lot of pillows...

Best moment last week: Knowing I'm growing another baby!

Movement: I think I've felt flutters but I'm not entirely sure. I felt M at 21 weeks and Brielle at 16 weeks 2 days. So maybe sooner this time?

Food cravings: I haven't had any real cravings. If I want something and then eat it, the food always disappoints. Nothing tastes the same. I also can't stand the smell of tuna and onions. Every pregnancy makes me dislike onions. After I have the baby, I can eat them again.

Gender: Not a clue. So far, every single person in my family has said boy. M even had a dream that "the baby came out of your tummy and it was a boy!" But otherwise she says it's a girl. My symptoms are the exact same as with M and Brielle, so it makes me think girl. But a boy would be fun, too. I'm just excited for another baby. Healthy baby boy or girl, that's all I want!!

Baby Stats: According to What to Expect, Baby Cashew is the size of lemon. He/she should be around 3 in and 1.5 oz.

Symptoms: I'm still tired sometimes, but that's too be expected. Right?

Labor signs: No thankfully.

Belly button - in or out? In. It stayed in with both of the girls. Hopefully third time around it stays in, too.

What I miss: Drinking coffee guilt-free.

What I am looking forward to: Having a deliciously sweet baby in my arms to hug and kiss!!

6 comments:

  1. This post makes me all giddy and excited too! I am SO happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinking excited for you!!! Sooooooo happy. This will work out and I am sending prayers over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so excited for you! What fabulous news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit that I got a little choked up when I read the stretch marks comment. And it's seriously just another reason to love you and Baby Cashew and M and all of your sweetness. I am so SO SO SO SO SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved