It's been a while since I've posted. Not because I haven't had the urge to write. Or because I've had nothing to say. No no. It's just finding the time to write that has seemed almost impossible over the past year or so.
My darling son, now 2.5 years old, and darling baby, now almost 17 months old, are napping on the couch. I want to nap too, but life seems to keep me busy, even during nap time.
I'm staring at my backyard and dreaming of when we can add a deck to the back of the house.
Our kitchen is still half gutted. But, and that's a huge but, we have put down our first payment towards our kitchen renovation.
That's right, folks. We are finally having our kitchen redone and I cannot.freaking.wait. It has been four years in the making and man, we deserve this so badly. We deserve to have more than 4 total feet of counterspace. We deserve to have a kitchen that has all of its walls done instead of one section showing brown drywall. I could keep going on about what we deserve from this kitchen, and a lot of it stems from us losing Brielle and thus, losing the motivation for our kitchen renovation. Closing on the house five days prior to Brielle becoming an angel obviously made us re-prioritize things.
M, my sweet and funny and sassy first born, is in second grade now. Second. Grade. How the hell did that happen? How did my little sidekick who went everywhere with me, 24/7, get to be in second grade already? Thankfully, she's doing well in school and for the most part, loves it. She is an extrovert and makes friends easily. I still want to keep her home and in a little bubble but alas, it's apparently frowned upon by my husband. And family. And society.
I intend to keep up with this little corner of the interweb a little better now. Or at least I hope.
Here's to a new season of life!


0 comments:
Post a Comment