Today you are six months old. I am constantly amazed at how fast you are changing and growing! You are the happiest baby in the world, it seems!
You smile even when you are tired. The only times you complain are when you are super hungry or overly tired. You are absolutely magnificent and are the only person that makes both Daddy and I smile at the drop of a hat.
Your six month appt is tomorrow, but at your last appt (about a month ago), we found out some of your stats. At your almost 5 mo checkup, you were 26" long and 18 lbs. I'm guessing that you'll be almost 20 lbs and probably over 27" tomorrow! I'll post your real stats after the appt tomorrow.
You have eaten all of the solid foods we have tried! You are a fantastic eater, just like your Daddy. So far, you've had peas, carrots, squashm sweet potatoes, oatmeal, chicken and rice, and apple sweet potatoes. The first time you ever finished a container of anything was a small jar of chicken and rice! Last night, you finished your apple sweet potatoes. We love watching you make faces while you eat. You're hysterical! You LOVED carrots! You've only had it once, but you'll have it again after 7 months. I am starting to make your food this weekend. I am super excited about this!
Your favorite toys are anything you can get in your mouth! You absolutely love the links that are on your car seat! Whenever we're in the car, we can hear you play with them from the back seat. It absolutely warms Daddy's and my heart.
You also LOVE LOVE LOVE talking. You try finding your voice all the time! You wake up so unbelievably happy! You start talking first thing in the morning. I usually wake up to you looking at me from your crib (or on the rare occasion you're in bed with us) and I hear "ba ba, oooohhh, ra, maa, daa daaa, baa" or something close. You'll talk in such a soft and sweet voice, then go to higher pitches. Just hearing your voice melts my heart!
The past few days you have realized that you can screech. Oh my, it's loud!!! Daddy and I often laugh when you do it. It is SO high pitched! You do it while staring at the ceiling, or staring off somewhere in the room. Even when we hold you up and you are standing on our lap, you screech and squeal with delight!
You like your Sophie the Giraffe. YOu lke to hold your own paci all the time and you have tried putting it in your mouth when it's been laying near you for over a month now. You realized at two weeks old when it fell onto your chest that you can move your hand under it to push it up. You're brilliant!
You're drinking about 5-6 oz a bottle, about 5 times a day. You're still holding the bottle on your own sometimes, but only for a few seconds. Daddy started teaching you to hold your own bottle at two weeks old! Ha.
You are wearing 3-6 mo clothing and growing so fast! I am sad to put away your smaller clothes. It seems like just yesterday you were wearing newborn clothes! (We had to put those away at around 6 weeks old.) Daddy is usually the one that has to put your clothes in the "clothes are too small for M" bin that we put in your closet. It seems like once or twice a week, we make a visit to deposit more clothes in the bin. It's really hard for me to put your socks away, especially. Your socks used to go halfway up your calf, the newborn ones. Now they look like they are ankle socks if we put them on you.
You rolled over and you LOVE standing. You sit unassisted all the time and love being to look around. Pop-pop noticed at around 3.5-4 months old that you are so aware of your surroundings. You love being involved and even chime in on the conversation when everyone is talking. You are the life of the party and Daddy and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Your eyes are starting to slightly turn hazel now! My eyes waited until I was 2 yrs old to turn from bright blue to hazel, but yours aren't waiting so long. Your blue eyes are still there and beautiful, stunning even, but there is definitely hazel in them. You have looked just like me since you were a week old. Daddy is nervous you'll continue to look like me and he'll be chasing boys away for forever. ;)
Daddy and I are so proud of the person you are becoming. You are very social with everyone. you love being around your cousins, my dogs Romeo and Babe Ruth, and you crack up when you see Uncle Mike's dog Sadie, the Yorkshire Terrier. You laughed hysterically the first time you saw her! You were sitting on Daddy's lap when this happened and we were all smiling so big, just listening to you laugh. Even yesterday while you hung out with Memaw, you drank a little of your bottle and would stop drinking to talk to Sadie.
You have two teeth that we noticed coming in the night before Valentine's Day. Daddy noticed them first, as I was cooking dinner and you were on Daddy's lap keeping me company in the kitchen. The teeth have come in a little more since then, and you cried for only about 30 mins that night! You're such a trooper with everything!
We put you in your crib about three weeks ago for the first time. We moved the crib into our bedroom. I couldn't stand the thought of you not being near me right now when you/I sleep. I'm so used to having the bassinet right next to me. You've grown too big for it though. You looked so small in the crib when we first put you in. These past few nights though, you have started to fill out the crib more.
Thank the Lord, you are a happy, healthy, vivacious, beautiful baby girl we are SO SO LUCKY to call our own!
You are a fantastic little baby and Daddy and I are so lucky to have you. We can't wait to watch you continue to grow!
Thank you for choosing Daddy and I to be your parents.
We love you more than anything, more than you'll ever know.
xo
Mommy and Daddy


coming over from Twitter... Happy 6 Months to your precious little girl!!!
ReplyDelete