Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tiny Tuesday

I've been absent from blogging, although I have a million things I could write about.

I've had a handful of things weighing heavily on my heart and mind, and although I wish to write about them all, right now I will write about only one.

When someone on twitter mentioned a blog they follow and the passing of their baby, I headed over to the blog to see what was going on. That's when I read the heartbreaking story from Kellie.

My heart has ached for her and her husband since the tragic day they lost their Maddie. Their daughter was only three weeks younger than my M.
My heart aches for them. I hug my daughter tighter, give her more kisses, hold her more, (if that's possible!). I just try to cherish my M more than I did before.

I've never been one to take things for granted. I was taught at a young age to appreciate everything I have, as well as everything I don't have. There is a reason I am where I am, with the people I have in my life, been given the things I have, been denied the things I don't have. I am a lucky person who realizes what they have.

I am grateful.

I am a new person though, too.

Being a Mommy has made me that way. Being a Mommy has forever changed me into someone I would not recognize a month ago, a year ago, the day before I found out I was pregnant.

I am a new person.

And I'm definitely okay with who I'm becoming! Mis the single most important person in my life. She is the reason I wake up, the reason I breathe. The reason I want to wake up, be alive, be the best person I can be. She is the reason I am who I am.

And for these reasons, and for knowing that there is such a loss in losing a child, your child, I ache for Kellie and her husband.

I have become obsessed with my M now too. I already didn't want to be without her, even to go on a date with the hubs. But now? Now I don't want to go anywhere, do anything, without having her by my side.

In fact, as I write this post, Mis laying next to my computer, taking her short afternoon nap.

I am obsessed with finding the safest and healthiest foods, clothing, toys, furniture, everything. Hubs says I have gone above and beyond getting the best of things for M. That was before I read Kellie's blog.

I guess all of this stems from my fear of losing something I cherish so deeply.

M is a part of me. She is my daughter. My life.

I pray for Kellie and fam daily.

I pray to keep my family safe and happy and healthy daily too.

I try to remember too that even when I have a rough day, even when I have a migraine, an aching back, these things are tiny in comparison to what others are going through.

Consider your blessings, and be grateful for them.

This beautiful life isn't guaranteed, after all.
xo

1 comments:

  1. So happy that you have your M! She's so beautiful and such a blessing for you! I can't even imagine the love that you have for her! I also follow Kellies blog and my heart breaks every post I read! Truly horrible, I couldn't even imagine! Makes you really step back and appreciate life and what we have! :)

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved