Monday, April 11, 2011

Bittersweetness

All but my brother & his son were in Jersey with us this weekend to visit my Grandma, my Dad's Mom.

My Grandpa, the only Grandpa I've ever known, passed away in November. We were really close and it's been pretty hard on me.

In fact, the only thing my Grandpa had planned at his funeral was a paper I wrote about him to be read. A paper I wrote.

I had no idea. I wrote the paper when I was 19 years old and it explained why my Grandpa was my hero.

B & I had been wanting to visit for a while now. So when my sister suggested we go, we knew we had the date set.

We caravanned and it was a fun trip. Our first family trip! M was great both going up and coming back.

My Grandma is sad, and for obvious reasons. She has little motivation and needs help 24/7. For someone that was always so independent and vivacious, it's a shock to see my Grandma so fragile.

My heart aches.

M was able to spend some time w/ my Grandma though. This meant the world to me!!! M wasn't able to meet my Grandpa. She was only 6 weeks old when he passed. I'm still heartbroken over that, but I will keep my Grandpa's memory alive.








I love you Grandma and Grandpa. So so much.

This trip was an emotionally, mentally and physically exhausting one.

I'm so so so glad we went. And we are planning monthly trips to visit my Grandma.

After almost 62 years of marriage, being a hero and veteran of WWII, two fantastic children, five grandchildren and five great grandchildren, my Grandpa went to be with the angels, the Yankees and his brother and sister.

I have to admit though, I'm selfish. I'd rather have my Gramps here with us.

Give your loved ones an extra huh and kiss today.

xo

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 62 years of marriage is amazing!! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of your grandmother with M. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved