Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weekend Recap

Our weekends have been jam packed for the past few months. One thing after another, and we don't necessarily mind. We love having our weekends to relax of course, but we don't mind getting things done either.

This past weekend, we needed to shop for The Husband for our Bahamas trip coming up. Hubs was never a big shopper. Until we got married!

I always bought him the clothes he wears. They're nice, stylish, and he looks handsome in them. :)

But now? Now Hubs likes shopping. For himself. And the baby. Not for me though. He tells me to go shopping for myself all the time. But he'll stay home and watch the baby. Ha.

So, Saturday was devoted to getting everything hubs will need for the Bahamas. Clothes, shoes, sandals, etc. Good stuff!

Sunday was family day. Except hubs ended up not feeling really well. He came with me to my parents house and then I dropped him off at home to get some rest while I went to my sisters house with M to teach my sis how to use fondant. My sister did a fantastic job on her first try, and made a cake for M.


Doesn't it look great?!

After three hours of being with my sis, brother in law, and three fantastical nephews, I came home to a handsome husband and a house that was cleaned. Spotless!!!!

Hubs had been hard at work vaccuuming, dusting, sweeping, throwing out trash, doing laundry, changing sheets, scrubbing, oh my goodness!! He wanted to surprise me, and boy did he! The house was SPOTLESS.

I'm so very lucky to have the husband I do.

So. so. lucky.

Yesterday, Monday, I met up with my bro-in-law again and my three nephews while my sister was at work. We went to Noodles & Co for lunch and then we were off to buy M a new convertible seat for the car. No more infant carrier. Although M can still fit in it for a few more months, we decided it was time to get her a bigger, safer seat.

The winner? Britax. They have the HIGHEST SAFETY RATINGS for any seat. They surpass all regulations set for baby seats, and THEN impose their own requirements. It's amazing how devoted Britax is to making safe seats. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. We highly recommened them. We had a chicco baby seat and stroller, which worked fantastically, and we still use the pink stroller. But the next step? Britax.

I'll add pictures soon of the seat.

Anyway, we installed the seat in the car. We start going inside decided to wheel M into the house in her stroller. This was the first time M sat alone, upright, in her stroller. She LOVED it, y'all. LOVED IT. Pics coming up soon. ;) M was chatting away, looking everywhere... Mr. B and I stopped at the exact same time during the walk, looked at each other with watery eyes, and hugged. Just embraced one another for a moment. Only the two of us understood each other.

Wasn't it just yesterday we brought M into the house in her carseat at two days old? Wasn't it yesterday? It was, right?!?!

It's bittersweet to see these things. M is growing up so fast, so beautifully, such a wonderful little baby. We are beyond blessed, but we just can't help but get sad sometimes to see everything happening so fast.

Time can slow down, can't it.

And let me add, this is another reason I'm so grateful for my husband. He understands me when I don't even say anything.

He gets me.

And I'm okay with that.

I hope your weekend was fantastic, friends.

1 comments:

  1. So sweet, Sarah! Mr. B was awesome this weekend! I'm jealous of your spotless house!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved