Monday, August 15, 2011

After finding out

I'm not sure how most women tell their husbands/boyfriends/whatever the news that they're pregnant.

I don't know how long they even wait to tell them. Right away? An hour after finding out? Does the woman go to the doctors office first to make sure everything looks good, then tells hubs?

I guess I was in so much shock that I didn't tell Hubs right away. In fact, after finding out that Monday night, I avoided him Tuesday. I did my normal routine and even went and did my regular hour of intense workout at the gym. I think I spoke to hubs once that day.

The following day, Wednesday, hubs asked to see me. He came by my parents house and we were about to go to the gym.

We were both in our gym clothes and I figured I had no better time than that moment to tell him the news.

So, we went into the guest room, sat on the end of the bed, and I said, "Umm, soo, I have to tell you something."

His smile faded and he said, "What? Are you okay?"

I said, "I'm pregnant."

Cue the tears. And more tears. And more tears. Hubs thought I was kidding and laughed.

Which actually was a good thing because it made me less scared to be pregnant.

"Okay?" hubs said. "So, okay. We're going to be parents. Okay."

And? We hugged. And hugged. And hugged some more.

Oh, and then hugged some more.

We missed the gym that night.

Why?

We were too busy hugging. Seriously. We both were shocked but knew that as long as we had each other, we'd be okay.

This is also the night that we decided after 11 years, we'd get married.

And so there, in my parents house, in a room that used to my brothers, throwing all conventionalism out the window, hubs told me that he wanted us to be a family, that he wanted to hold my hand in old age and that, although he always knew he wanted to marry me and planned on proposing by the end-of-the-year deadline I'd given him, he was happy this was happening and wanted to marry me now.

On bended knee, holding my left hand, hubs then said, "I don't have a ring, but I'll get you whichever you'd like. Be my wife and make me happy?"

Hahaa!!

Isn't that cute?!

And so, separately, we came together and became one.

Soon to be three.

But before the third member of the family arrived, I had to go to doctor's appointments, let my family know the news, and?

Get married to my soulmate!




xo

2 comments:

  1. We had to do fertility treatments in order to get pregnant, so my husband was very involved in the process. We took the pregnancy test together so I didn't get the chance to tell him. I love this story though! So incredibly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! I love how he asked you :)

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved