Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Birthdays

Like most people, I love birthdays. Mine, a family members, whatevs. They're a way to celebrate another year of life, another year of triumphs, ups, smiles and laughter, happiness. It's another year.

I look forward to my birthday for many reasons. One being, it means it's summer and I loveeee warm weather. (not hot!, but warm) Secondly, it means everyone in my immediate family gets together and we have dinner. We laugh, recount stories, enjoy each others company. It's a fabulous time.

So this year, I was looking forward to all that. But my Grandma B in Jersey is in declining health and, as any good son and daughter in law would do, my parents rushed up north to be with her. As you may know, my Grandpa passed away last November from health issues. Missing you grandpa!

My brother is busy with life, my sister/bil and their three kids are busy with life, you see where I'm going.

Everyone is busy with their own lives.

It's cool. I understand.

Sorta.

So hubs said we'll go out, him, baby and I, and have dinner wherever I want. I told my Grandma D (the one that lives with my parents) that she's coming to dinner with us.

So, the dour of us will go to dinner and then? We're going to my sisters house for cake!

They'll be home from their busy day and we'll be able to see them!

I'm pretty stoked I'll be able to see some of my siblings and nephews!

Hubs and I were watching tv around 11:30 last night when I said I was going to go to bed. He said he wanted me to hang out with him just a little longer, so I did.

As soon as it struck midnight, hubs said he needed a drink from the kitchen. He came back with a yellow (our favorite color!) candle in a piece of cake, a beautiful card and a huge smile singing happy birthday!!

have I said I'm lucky to have him? Cause 99.8% of the time, I am. ;)

M stayed in her crib all night. Usually we put her in bed with us around 5 or so when she wakes so she'll go back to sleep. Today, he slept in her crib until 7:45!

Yay, sleep!

Hubs took over all baby duty and changed M and got her bottle. When they came back to bed to give M her bottle, M was holding a card and handed it to me when hubs brought her over!

This card? This card! The most beautiful card I have ever received in my life. Most. beautiful. card. ever.

The message written from "M" was beautiful. But the message the card came with was truly touching. And that hubs M chose the card? Ugh. I FELT my heart be moved. My heartstrings were definitely tugged today.

I want to frame the card.

Seriously.

Anyway. After I dried my tears from the beautifully moving card washed my face and cleaned up, I got back in bed.

Hubs had taken M to the kitchen to start an amazing breakfast of bagel eggwich, turkey bacon and my favorite crystal light!

I laid in bed and although it was comfortable, it wasn't relaxing. I didn't have my two loves with me.

We played in the living room, ate breakfast, relaxed, laughed a lot, and I food another card, from hubs to me this time. Yet another beautiful and perfect card.

M is napping now, then we're off to the waterfront!

I see people on Facebook writing about how beautiful a day it is. Why yes, it is a beautiful day! The weather, life, my family, it's my birthday...

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! My heart truly is bursting with love for you all!

I'll recap the second half of my birthday tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved