Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Weight

I've read articles that give percentages of how many women want to lose versus bow many men want to lose weight. Interestingly, the amounts for each sex were close. The differing number? That lied within how much each sex wanted to lose, on average.

Women, in this case, generally wanted to lose more.

And honestly, I understand that. Even with working out for an hour every single day, I wasn't going down as many "numbers" as I wanted.

So, I started doing two-a-days. I'd workout at 5:15 am and then go back between 5-7 pm for another hour sesh of hardcore workout. I dropped 10 lbs in 4 mo, and Lord only knows how many inches! (I fit into pants that were smaller than my "skinny pants"!!!)

I even started having a six two pack. Small steps, people.

I was still working out for two hours a day for the first month I was pregnant because, well, I didn't know I was pregnant.

When I did find out, I scaled back my intense workouts by only going 4x a week and taking the intensity down a few notches.

At three months preg, I could only do so many exercises without major pains in my abdomen. I was relegated to even less intense work out routines.

I was okay with that because I wanted my baby to be okay.

After I had sweet baby girl, I lost all 22 pregnancy pounds in the first 12 days. I even lost a few pounds more.

But, my body was different. The differences didn't start showing until around month six, post partem.

I had these huge bumps hips I'd never had before, what looked like a bowling ball a four month pregnancy belly still, and arms I could fly away with.

Now, husband, family, friends- they all asked/said "how did you lose the weight so fast?" and "you look fantastic, NOT like you just had a baby!" and, even better, "oh honey, you look fabulous, what's your secret?"

Umm, no secret, folks. Because? These are not truths. I know this because I saw pictures of myself from May, so 8 months post partum.

ohh haaiiiii pregnancy belly! Haiii flabby body!!

Seriously? I gasped when I saw myself. I was horrified.

I asked hubs why he didn't tell me I looked so horrid.

"Because you don't look horrid?! You're beautiful!" he exclaimed.

Sweet, but again, he's seeing something I'm not.

So, I've had enough of this flabby body and am on a mission to reclaim my muscley toned body I had pre-preg!

I've lost 10 pounds in the past two weeks by:

•drinking more water
•moving around more
•gasp!staying away from my beloved m&m's

Again, small steps, people.

My goal is to lose 5 more lbs by the time baby girls birthday party is here. So, I have until late September.

I'd like to lose a total of 25 lbs.

Although, it's not all about the number, I'm still learning. It's how you feel about where you're at.

So, I'm feeling so-so about where I'm currently at. I'll feel better when I see those pounds slide off!

Off to exercise!

xo

1 comments:

  1. If you keep talking about exercizing, I might have to start. My wife keeps saying she needs to lose weight, but I actually think she looks amazing. I tell her that and she thinks I'm trying to make it so that I don't have to go to the gym since she doesn't have to.

    There may be some truth to that, though :)

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved