I feel like I haven't gotten over my Grandpa's passing on November 15, 2010. I couldn't cry like I felt I needed to because my daughter was 6 weeks old and she was next to me in her swing when I found out. It was a cold rainy day.
For weeks that followed, every night hubs would come with me to the couch and I would cry on his shoulder. Cry cry cry.
When my Grandpa passed away, a small part of me died too. It was like a part of my childhood died. My Grandpa was the one who taught me how to ride a bike, who told me I could be a radio DJ because I spoke so well or a teacher because I inspire people.
He's the one who started my intense interest in History as he would recount his days in WWII on the frontlines.
He's the one who would let me paint his nails with my peel-off Tinkerbell nail polish when he and my Grandma would come watch my siblings and/or I when we were home from school because of sickness. They'd also bring us McDonalds for lunch every time they watched us. My parents just found this out last month. ;)
I was wondering a few weeks ago when/if I'd dream about my Grandpa. We were so close and my heart aches knowing I won't see him or my Grandma again in this beautiful life.
Shortly before M woke me up this morning, I dreamt about my Grandpa. He looked great, in shape ( as he did in real life) but his face looked younger. He asked me if I'm happy, and I cried. I asked my husband (still in the dream!!) if I was dreaming and he didn't say anything. He just looked down. My Grandpa told me life is about loving. He took me to different places that show Love.
I cried in front of my Grandpa because I couldn't believe he was in front of me, talking, breathing...
I woke up happy, not immediately remembering the dream. It's a windy but sunny day here. I have my family. My health. My doggies. I have everything I could ever want.
Except my Grandparents.
What does this dream mean? And what is the message about love??


I think it sounds like a sweet dream. I'm not sure what dreams mean... mine are usually bad dreams, so I hope they don't mean anything!
ReplyDeleteBut what a sweet relationship with your grandparents. Cherish those sweet memories!