Hi everyone! I'm Perry, a vegan and I extreme coupon for my husband and 2.5 year old daughter. I actually began Extreme Couponing after watching the TLC pilot in 2010 and realized if they could do it, so can I! I now consider couponing a full time job since I'm a stay at home mom and my ability to save money contributes to the family finances. I have been vegan for over 4 years and am able to buy fresh produce and healthy groceries to contribute to our family's vegan lifestyle.
Here are my tips on how to save money for a vegan (or any, really!) lifestyle:
1) “like” your favorite brands on FB and look for printable coupons
2) Stock up on staples like pasta, rice, and beans when they go on sale
3) Visit the websites of your favorite brands for printable coupons
4) Keep an eye out for coupons on baking kits- then add your own vegan ingredients (egg replacer, soy milk, etc)
5) Look for coupon booklets in stores like MOM’s Organic Market and Whole Foods
6) Contact companies and ask for coupons – you’d be surprised with what they’ll send you
7) If your store allows it, use “overage” in order to buy fresh fruits/veggies
8) Since it is very rare for fresh produce to go on sale, consider buying frozen veggies instead
9) When fruit/veggies coupons do become available, ask friends and family to print copies for you
10) Be on the look-out for fresh fruit coupons in conjunction with cereal deals
Go visit Perry's fan page on Facebook, if you're so inclined!
Here's a teaser for the show, friends!


Very cool! I really need to try to do more couponing! I am the WORST!
ReplyDelete