Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wedding weekend

One of my former coworkers got married on Saturday. She asked me to make the cake for her. I was so honored!












Here colors were red and black, so I did white buttercream with red ornate piping and black ribbon around each tier. Inside, there were four layers of checkerboard cake. Two layers of vanilla and two layers of chocolate went into each tier. It took a few hours but was so worth it!

Hubs and I had never been to a wedding like this one though. There wasn't a lot of "structure". The wedding was supposed to start at 3, it started at 3:30. If you looked to your left, you saw goats and a pony!














The ceremony lasted about 20 minutes. The reception started at 5. That's over an hour we're just waiting.

A buffet dinner wasn't offered until 6:30. Hubs and I were going to eat our arms off starving. The food was red sauce chicken and tortellini. That's it.

Hubs and I walked the plantation grounds and saw a lot of people feeding the pony and goats. So, I followed suit. I'd never done either before but had so much fun! Hubs got some hilarious pics of me and the animals, but here's a tamer one.





We left the wedding at 8 pm and it was still going strong! I made some new friends, started a conga line and danced meringue with hubs in public - for the first time. I guess one vodka cranberry will make you let loose after hardly having more than three drinks in two years!

The dancing and being able to just sit and talk with hubs made me fall in love with him all over again, a few times that night. I'm so lucky to be able to call my best friend and confidante my husband. We definitely don't spend as much time focusing on each other as we used to pre-baby. (Obvs) We missed M horribly but she had fun at my parents house. She passed out in the car on the way home. That always tells us she had a blast.




And in case you're wondering, everyone loved the cake.

2 comments:



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved