I was afraid of divulging this info though because in case I failed I didn't want to let
I've done some reflecting the past few weeks and have decided to hit publish on this post. I'm holding myself accountable. I'm going to complete this task. I can do it.
At the urging of one of my good friends, RS, I have signed up for a half marathon.
That's 13.1 miles of
Am I scared of failing? I was.
I would love to rely on hubs' and the family's support and cheerleading to get me through this, because oh-my-goodness that stuff would take me around the world. A few times.
But, I can't. I have only myself to rely on. My mental strength, physical strength, emotional strength... I know I can complete running a half marathon.
For about a year now, I've wanted to run one. I abhor running. In fact, abhor isn't a strong enough word to accurately express my disdain for running.
In elementary school, I was always one of the slower runners. In middle school, I was pretty good at sports, but running kicked my hiney.
In high school? My fastest mile was around ten freaking minutes. Embarrassing? Not really. I didn't try my best because I just hated running. A time in the double digits was bound to happen.
So, now I've decided to run a half marathon to prove to myself that I can do it. I hate running and it is has ruled me for so long. I can work out hardcore every day for two hours, do intense cardio two times a week, but still have my dislike of running rule me.>
Not anymore!
I'm starting my training today. I have no idea what the plan is for how to start training for a half. I'll do what I think is right, and succeed. There simply is no other option.
So, I'm telling you all my little secret.
I'm running a half marathon and I will not fail.
Plus, the 13.1 sticker that goes on the back of the car? I'm totally earning one!!


How exciting! I've already bought my 13.1 sticker and I'm taking it with me to Savannah!
ReplyDeleteYOU CAN DO IT! :)
You can do it! It's all about the training.
ReplyDelete