Tuesday, December 27, 2011

All Holidays

I'm going to say some things and not apologize for doing so. It's my blog, and I use it as an outlet.

I have to be honest and say, I'm disappointed with a lot of people on social media sites. (okay, twitter and some bloggers).

Obviously, Christmas was two days ago. I live in a country where I'm in the minority because I'm Jewish. So, Christmas tends to take away from Channukah getting attention in some parts of the country.

There are some stores, however, that do acknowledge Jews. There are some individuals, as well, that acknowledge Jews.

The latter though, on social media sites, seems to be low virtually non-existent.

People were saying, "I don't care who I offend! Merry Christmas!"

Hello? You're not offending this Jew by saying that to me. But you won't be getting any Hannukah cards from me either.

A Happy Holidays, friends! is perfect to cover ALL people during this time of year. Kwanzaa, Channukah, Christmas, etc.

I'm not sure why some people only focus on Christmas during this time of year. There's more than one culture in the United States, more than one religion, more than one holiday to celebrate.

So, I believe we should be respectful of that and not just acknowledge one Christian holiday during this time of year.

And to those that did wish me a Happy Channukah, Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas (because I didn't tell you I was Jewish), Happiest of Holidays to you, friend.

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! I try to use Happy Holidays or say things, like "Have a nice holiday" as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say Merry Christmas out in public...but I wouldn't be a bit offended if someone said Happy Channukah to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get your frustration, but for most people, I think "Merry Christmas" is more about Santa and the "season" rather than the Jesus stuff. I'm not a christian and I don't get offended when people say it, just because it's so common. I really don't think it's about religion for most people, except for the select few who go to church more often than once a year on xmas eve! I hope everyone has a happy holiday regardless of what they call it, so when I hear "merry christmas," I just think, yay santa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved