Monday, December 26, 2011

Confessions...

I love shopping for hubs and M because:

a.) how can I not shop for my baby girl? Who couldn't find something to buy for a baby girl?

Okay then.

b.) I may be biased, but hubs looks good in just about everything. So, if I see something I like, I pick it up for him. 98% of the time, hubs likes what I get him. The other 2%, he wears it anyway to appease his wife. ;)

I do this shopping for my two loves all year. Not just during the holidays. It's slightly out of need: M is constantly growing, and of course hubs and I are more than happy to shop for her. And it's slightly indulgent: you only live once. Why not like how you look?

So when the holidays DO roll around, I have to think back to what hubs has said in passing about what he wants. A DVD? New boots? New video game? New laptop? Cruise?

These are options, yes. But which ones meant the most to him?

So M and I did our shopping for hubs before Thanksgiving even rolled around. We bought what we thought hubs would want. And like. And need. And what had meaning.

M is getting books (hello, teacher here. Her library is ginormous already), purses (the girl knows what she likes!), five Melissa & Doug puzzles, clothes, toys, more books/clothes/toys, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse themed stuff... M is easy to shop for.

Hubs knew what I wanted for Channukah when we submitted our lists of "wants" to our Secret Santa.

I listed a specific cd and a nook. I absolutely adore the feeling of a book in my hands. And when I got my chance to read recently, (which literally first happened a week ago, and M just turned 15 months old on Saturday!) I just held the book for a second and got excited to just be holding it. Lame, but true.

But being able to have all books I want to read in a nook intrigues me. I have done absolutely zero research on it. I have no clue if it's better or worse than a kindle. Or iPad. Or whatever else there is. I just thought it'd be nice to have a few books in one place.

On Friday, hubs called me at 11 and said he got out of work early but he needed to finish some
Holiday shopping. I said okay...

He replied to not check the bank account until after the holidays...

Really!?!? You say that and expect me to not check?

But I practiced self control. Until 3 pm. Hubs had banished me to the bedroom so he could wrap presents in the living room. It took him an hour.

Confession #1: I got impatient and at the end of the hour, I looked in the bank account. There were multiple charges and the only store I recognized was toys r us. There was also a large cash withdrawal.

Cofession #2: hubs asked me to get his keys out of his jacket pocket Friday night and I looked for receipts but couldn't find any.

You see, hubs always gets the BEST presents. Last year, he somehow got a wii past me. And a pink remote to go with it. And exotic chocolates. And jewelry. And much more.

So I know I'm getting something. Something good. But what?

And where was the big purchase?


He surprised me with a nook color! He brought to his parents house without me knowing and had it wrapped, with a bow, and sticker from Santa on it.





I'm so blessed I have a family that loves me and wants to spoil me.

I hope you all had/have a fantastic holiday season!

2 comments:

  1. Shame on you for peeking ;)

    I love my nook - I bet the nook color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a nice husband! Glad you had a good Hannukah!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved