Friday, December 23, 2011

Guilt

M was up every 1.5-2 hours Monday into Tuesday night. I comforted her as much as I could, but had no idea why she was up so much.

Tuesday, her nose started running. It was clear, up until afternoon time. She was a little clingy but but not overly. It took her two hours of cuddling with hubs and I to fall asleep Tuesday night. She had eaten and drank half of what she usually would in a days time. I figured she had a cold.

Tuesday night, as I was about to put M in her crib, she threw up. She then cried. For about 10 minutes. For a kid that doesn't throw up or cry a lot, I figured she had a bad cold.

On Wednesday, M ate even less than Tuesday. She wasn't clingy and seemed to be in great spirits. Talking a lot, laughing, walking around a lot. She still had a runny nose the entire day. In the morning, her eyes were glassy.

As I put M in her crib awake Wednesday night, M reached out to me. I went back to her, and she threw up. A lot. But this time she didn't cry after. At all!

Commence bath, clean up of crib/room, and she goes back to sleep without a peep.

My throat started to feel scratchy Tuesday night, I started on extra antibiotics I had. In case it's bacterial, I have a head start. If it's viral, it'll work it's course anyway.

Yesterday, Thursday, I woke up and just felt like I should call the doctor for M.

Mothers instinct, I guess?

Turns out, M has strep.

Mom fail.

The throwing up is apparently a telltale sign of strep in kids under 3 years old.

So, I basically let M be sick without medicine for an extra 24 hours because I didn't know that.

I thought the first episode of throwing up was because the runny nose stuff... Like she'd swallowed some of it and it upset her tummy.

I feel awful.

But M got her first dose of medicine yesterday! Bubblegum flavor. This is the first time she's sick, at 15 months. I guess that's not too shabby. I just feel so bad.

I only have enough antibiotics for myself to last through today, so my Mom is coming over to watch M while I go to the doctor to get more meds. My face HURTS. Sinus pressure, achey nose. Weird, right? My nose was running like a leaky faucet.

I've had one cold in the past year. It was Thanksgiving last year. But, I'm really good at getting sinus infections, and DID ignore the signs for the past month... Hopefully I'll get meds today and all or our germs will be gone in no time!

1 comments:



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved