Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hannukah. Channukah?

Or Chanuka. There are so many. ways. to spell Hanukah.

I've always loved giving presents on birthdays, anniversary's, Channukah. I love people seeing the excited look on peoples faces when they are opening their present, seeing a smile when they like the present they got. I just love it all!

We celebrate Hanukah and Christmas in our home because hubs is Catholic and I'm Jewish. Whatever M decides she wants to practice when she's older is okay with us. Neither of us pushes our religion on the other, and I'm glad we are so respectful towards each other in that regard.

Last year, as we were lighting the menorah candles, hubs said the prayers in Hebrew with me. So cute! He held M as we said the prayers and it's a beautiful memory for me.

We'll do the same this year and I'm so excited!

We've lit the candles the past few nights and as always, it's a beautiful sight!








1 comments:

  1. I worked with a family like yours...Catholic dad and Jewish momma. I found it fascinating.

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved