Hubs and I went to the gym yesterday and I had a goal of doing 6 miles on the treadmill.
I met my goal. And? In my goal time. The first time around.
When I went into the bathroom to change out of my wet clothes before going into the frigid temps outside, my eyes welled up with tears.
When I went back to hubs, I started tearing up again. He was all smiles and kept saying how proud of me he was, that "you did it!", and the likes.
My heart was racing before we went into the gym. We were sitting in the car and hubs said, "Okay, baby. Are you ready?"
I said no and looked down.
But he said, "You're ready. Look inside yourself. I know you're going to do it."
My Mom had just said the same thing when we dropped M off at my parents house.
I needed the boost of confidence.
And, I did it. I completed six freaking miles.
And I have tears as I write this. Overcome with shock, happiness, excitement.
For being someone that always loathed running, I think I'm doing an okay job at this half marathon training.



So awesome,congrats!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you. Keep at it girl, you're rockin it!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! CONGRATS! :)
ReplyDeleteI am so, so, SO proud of you! Keep it up!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! That is an accomplishment and you should be VERY proud of yourself! Nice work!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I am super excited for you! Six miles is incredible, and you should be super proud!
ReplyDelete