Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I can't!

After we went to Potbelly's over the weekend, we figured we'd try Pinkberry. It's a beautiful, high-end square with a bunch of nice shops. The weather was beautiful, too.

So we walked the two blocks to Pinkberry.


M was having so much fun waving hi to everyone, talking to random strangers.. (we're working on this!)

I ordered chocolate with chocolate chips. Hubs ordered pomegranate with mango.



We settled down at a table and I was able to keep M occupied for .00365892 seconds before she wanted to run around.

mistake #1: I let her down

We were at the farthest back table in the store and M had no place to go behind us because doors were closed.

mistake #2: glancing at hubs

I looked over at hubs while walking behind M in the corner of the store. M got an extra step ahead of me when I looked away.

#mistake #3: trusting my child

When I said, "M, come here please," she stopped, laughed and started walking towards her Daddy.

And then?

Then she made an immediate right, out of nowhere, and ran to the young teenage workers in the store. Who are busy working and serving a long line of customers.

Did I mention these girls were where they were opposed to be?

Behind the counter!?

So, as M is chuckling and laughing hysterically, going as fast as her little 15.5 month old legs will take her, I stand on the side, mortified.

My child, who is so calm and relaxed all the time, is now running professional football plays and doing zig-zags around the Pinkberry workers.

Did I mention I was mortified?

I loudly said, "M!! Come here!!"

The.entire.store. erupted in laughter. Hubs, also mortified, said, "Get her!!"

I replied, "I can't go back there! I can't!" (What was I thinking? Of course I can grab my child and get her out of potential harm's way.)

One of the sweet girls behind the counter said, "You can get her!" I scurried along, grabbing my child who is STILL laughing hysterically, and bring her back to her Daddy.

Within a minute, we left the store, wondering what got into our ordinarily calm toddler.

Was it the chocolate I gave her?
Is she trying to show us she has good maneuvering?
Was it just a run for freedom?

Whatever it was, we're sure to stay away from Pinkberry for a while.

Did I mention we were mortified?

Oh, I did.

2 comments:

  1. This seems to happen to me EVERY time we leave the house. It is embarrassing!
    You know the only thing that works for mine (esp if they are contained in a buggy or a booth....a SUCKER! I wait to unwrap the sucker til they are sitting down and then give it to them. BAM! Quiet and still for a few minutes.
    If you find anything else that works, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry :( I have NO idea what it's like to have a child that age, but it sounds pretty normal :)

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved