I have so many things on my mind with this half marathon training. If this topic bores you, I apologize ahead of time.
I know I'll finish the race. But within the allotted time? Of four hours? I hope so. Seems silly to me. FOUR HOURS. 13.1 MILES.
I can cover that distance in that time, right? Umm, right.
I'm sure.
I hope, anyway.
I need to train more outdoors instead of inside on a treadmill. I prefer to run outdoors, actually. But you see, it's cold here in Virginia. And I may be from Jersey where it gets frigid in wintertime, but I'm no fan of it.
So, indoor training it is for now.
I'm up to running 7 miles. But tonight I only had time to run 4 miles. And I was so disappointed with myself. Where does 4 miles get me? It doesn't help prepare me for the half.
Or does it?
And this Saturday I'm attempting to complete 8 miles. Eight.
Even the thought of the distance makes me want to throw up. And my heart starts to race.
I have absolutely no idea why.
Before I'd do a 6 or 7 mile run, my heart would race, too.
Weird? Maybe. But I've finished each goal I've set for myself. And I'm proud of myself for that.
But I don't know why I get nervous before a big run... like the 8 miles I know
I need to believe in myself more. After all, I've gotten this far, right?
There's no turning back.


Long runs are intimidating, especially at first. But if you can do seven, you can do eight. Promise! You are doing great!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing such a great job. I love reading about your strides (pun intended) towards your goal.
ReplyDelete