Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tomato Chicken with some more Tomatoes

You know those seasoning packets you can pick up in the grocery store? I bought one, along with the ingredients it suggested, and put it away in the pantry. That was about two months ago.

I found the ingredients yesterday and decided to use the crockpot.

I like to call this dish: Tomato Chicken plus a whole lot more Tomato.

Ingredients:
•chicken breasts
•6 oz of tomato paste
•2 cans of 14.5 oz stewed tomato, undrained
•seasoning




In the crockpot, add the chicken. In a separate bowl, mix the tomato paste, stewed tomato and seasoning. Then pour over the chicken.



Set it on low for 8 hours or high for 4.



I served it over a bed of rice and some broccoli on the side.

Final product:



I liked the meal a lot. I also love tomatoes. Hubs said the meal was okay but it was too "tomato-ey".

I think I realized why. The directions said to use 2 lbs of chicken. I used 3 small chicken breasts.

Oops.

2 comments:

  1. I love hte Mccormick seasoning packet. If you haven't tried the pulled pork one, give it a shot. You can use either pork or chicken thighs and the seasoning is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tomatoes, but they aren't M's favorite. I think a little more chicken and a little less tomato would work well :)

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved