Taking care of my body, though? Not my forte. I thought I was going to faint Saturday night.
But for an awesome reason!
I had a goal of running 8 miles, for the first time, at the gym. (hubs went to his parents house with M while I
I broke up the run into (almost) 4 mile increments. And this folks, is true love. Thinking I'm beautiful after 4 miles? Ha!

Anyway. I finished all 8 miles, and then some. I was so proud of myself. Like, smiling-at-random-strangers-the-rest-of-the-day, so proud of myself.

That adds up to 8.36 miles.
Amen.
Before I went to the gym, I ate half a banana and some leftover Greek food. So, a few small pieces of delicious chicken.
At mile 2, I started feeling bad. Like, overheated and lightheaded. I switched from water to Gatorade and felt better right away.
I ate a small piece of catfish about an hour after the run.
Mistake #1. Not eating soon enough after the run AND a bigger meal.
Mistake #2. I drank half a glass of water the rest of the day. I should've had more.
Mistake #3. I kept running around doing things the rest of the day instead of taking it easy.
By 7 pm Saturday, right after my hot shower, I almost fainted. Hubs caught me on my way to the floor. I could barely move I was so weak. I ate half a banana and drank half a bottle of Gatorade.
I felt a little better. The previous night, I'd only gotten about 5 hours of sleep, so I'm sure that didn't help either.
I'm going to some local running stores this week to figure out what items are a necessity and what I need to do so I don't feel like I'm going to
Any suggestions on what I need to buy or ask?


So proud of you!!! And you do look beautiful in the pic! :)
ReplyDeleteStaying hydrated, resting, and eating properly will make a world of difference! So proud of you!
ReplyDeleteGirlfriend, take it easy. You have to eat before you workout and rest is key. Always, even if it's just a little something. My days with less sleep always affect how I feel at the gym.
ReplyDeleteI've also had good luck with Vitamin Water Zero and G2.
You're doing awesome!
Yay good job!!!! Question, do you run with glasses one?! lol. Keep at it girl, you're clearly doing amazing!
ReplyDeleteI always struggle with drinking enough water too. Why is it so hard????
ReplyDeleteAwesome job!! Keep drinking that water :)
ReplyDelete