Anyway. Last night, hubs and I went to the gym. I did 7 miles (woohoo!) and hubs was a few treadmills down from me, exercising and watching a cooking show.
I had my iPod on, listening to International Love. I had the music up high because, let's face it, who wants to hear the thud thud thud of the person running next to you. Or their iPod music. Or their heavy breathing.
I'm running along, minding my own business, rapping to Pitbull in my head.
Or so I thought.
Turns out, I was being a
And I had no idea.
The lyrics weren't entirely appropriate, either.
I don’t play football but I’ve touched down everywhere, (everywhere?) everywhere
I don’t play baseball but I’ve hit a home run everywhere, everywhere
I’ve been to countries and cities I can’t pronounce
And the places on the globe I didn’t know existed
In Romania she pulled me to the centre she said Pit you can have me and my sister
In Lebanon yeah the women are bomb
And in Greece you’ve guessed it the women are sweet
Spinned all around the world but I ain’t gon’ lie there’s nothing like Miami’s heat
So imagine my surprise when, as I'm
The conversation went downhill fast....
me: excuse me?
guy: Miami? It's hot you said?
me: *awkward smile* (because when you don't know what to say, YOU smile too, right? RIGHT?!)
I walked away to get the paper towel and spray to wipe down the machine. I couldn't figure out what the guy was talking about.
guy: have you been to Lebanon and Greece? You were talking about the women there? And that you do play football? Or you don't? (he gave a coy smile)
me, in my head: OMG. I was rapping out loud when I thought I was silent. Who does that? WHO DOES THAT.
I told the older gentleman that I must have gotten carried away with the music and was so sorry if I had disturbed him. I then
The gentleman said he enjoyed my "singing".
I guess that's how bad I was. I was singing instead of rapping.
And I guess I won't be listening to my iPod so loudly at the gym anymore.
Or at all.


Hahahahaha! Hilarious! Love it! I've likely done the same thing. You HAVE to have good music when you are running. I couldn't do it without it!
ReplyDeleteOh no!! That's a funny story.
ReplyDeleteHahaha this is awesome.
ReplyDeleteOh. My. Goodness. Classic!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBahaha. Coulda been worse...you could have been listening to "Thong Song"!
ReplyDeleteHAHA! Thanks, this made me laugh out loud. :)
ReplyDelete