Friday, February 3, 2012

One Child

I've been told that the transition between one to two kids is the hardest. That two to three, three to four kids, and so on, isn't that hard.

So, this article makes sense to me. But it's also beautifully written and acknowledges the way some of us Mom's feel.

And, it's always nice to be acknowledged.

3 comments:

  1. Wow I'm so glad you posted this! I don't even have kids yet and I found it really moving and insightful. I forwarded it along to several new(ish)moms I know.

    This paragraph brought tears to my eyes: "Dear mother of only one child, don’t blame yourself for thinking that your life is hard. You’re suffering now because you’re turning into a new woman, a woman who is never allowed to be alone. For what? Only so that you can become strong enough to be a woman who will be left." SO beautiful. Thanks, SEL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this, friend!

    My mama always said once she had two, she might as well have the third. She wanted more, but there just wasn't enough money :)

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved