Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Crafts

I saw some Valentine's crafts on pinterest last year and decided when M was old enough, we'd try them. I thought this year was the year. Umm, I was wrong.


Her hands ended up being on the wrong sides, thanks to me doing this facing M, rather than her being on my lap so I could accurately figure this "artwork" out. And? She screamed as soon as I put paint on her hands. Maybe next year?

For hubs, I made a list of 100 things M and I love about him. It was really easy to come up with reasons! We cut up the strips and put them in a jar. Anytime hubs needs a pick-me-up, he can just pull out an "I love you".

I made these Valentine's for my nephews first grade class. Super easy and fun.



First, print out the template for the owl shape.




Trace on whatever color paper you'd like.




Mark where the dotted line was on the original outline. Fold that part over on your construction paper. Then, cut the shape above to make eyebrows. Glue down the piece if it comes loose. (mine did)




I cut out circles and used a sharpie to make eyes.




I glued the eyes on, drew in some lines on the owl's face, cut slits about an inch inwards on the bottom to add a pencil and viola! All done.

I added "I'll owl-ways be your friend!" and "You're a hoot!" to the Valentine's.


3 comments:

  1. those are cute! and i laughed at the v-day crafts! i want to try it this year too but ummm... well i'm late. oops. maybe we still should..

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved