Monday, August 20, 2012

First ten


It's my birthday week. Yay!

I've never been that person that says, "it's my birthday! Let's celebrate my fabulousness!"

I have been that person that says, "it's my birthday, let's get the family together."

But this year, my birthday is on a Thursday, and it's hard getting everyone together during the week. So this Saturday we'll celebrate the big 3-0 with the big family. The Husband, M and I will celebrate on Thursday as our own little family.

I'm really looking forward to this. Hubs took off of work and I plan on just being in the moment with my loves.

And as I try to always remain aware and grateful for my fortunes in life, I figured what better way to start my birthday week than to name thirty, {since I'll be 30} things I just can't thank the good Lord enough for. I'll name 10 things each day until Thursday. And, no Judging Judy's, mkay?

So, without further adeui, my

30 for 30

1.) M
My child has made me feel more alive in her almost 2 years on this planet than I felt for 28 years before her. She has shown me unconditional love, meaning to life, and what true selflessness is. She is, simply put, my everything.

2.) The Husband
I often tell the man I married, "Guess what? You can't send me home!" and laugh. Why?, you ask? Because we dated for eternity many many years and even right before we got married, I'd go back to my house to spend the night sometimes, or he'd "send me home" so he could go out with the guys. Now? He's stuck with me. And I love every second of it. Well, not every second. Sometimes I could do without football on Sundays. And Monday nights. Or Thursday nights. So, I guess most of the time I love every second of it. Regardless, The Husband has been my rock, is my best friend and the person I know I can annoy for the rest of my life and he'll love me anyway. He's handsome too.

3.) My Family
Broad, I know. But when you have a family that drops everything to help you in a time of need, that always has your back, that always cares and always shows they love you? That, my friends, is winning the lottery. And I'm doubly lucky because my family-in-law is pretty fantastic as well. I'm just so blessed. We have no crazies, no black sheep, no drama. Just families that love each other.

4.) Romeo and Babe Ruth
My pals. {Wo}man's best friend. M's best friend. These two dogs have been the biggest blessings to me over the years. They kept me company when I lived away from home, kept me feeling safe, and made me feel loved on my ugliest days. Dogs are one of G-ds greatest gifts, I'm convinced.



Romeo or "Meowmeo" according to M




Babe Ruth or "Bay Rue" according to M

5.) Call Me, Maybe
I know I'm not the only one who loves music. I also know I'm not the only one that has had their windows down, sunroof open, blasting Carly Rae's song while singing at the top of your lungs and doing choreography, all at once. I initially didn't understand the allure of this song. But after it was played a million a few times on the radio, I started liking it. And so did M. And soon enough, we were jamming to it in the car. You know you have, too.

6.) Sam Worthington, Ryan Gosling, David Beckham
Amen.

7.) Teen Mom
I'm going to hell in a hand basket for this one, but doesn't Maci, Catelyn, Amber and Farrah make you feel so, normal? Like, sure you have problems. We all do. But is your step-dad addicted to cocaine? Are you addicted to pills and have anger issues? Are you so immature that you sent your daughter to her Grandma's for an extended period so you could just "live life?" Suddenly, your life doesn't seem so bad, right?

8.) G-d
I'll be totally honest and admit that I doubted there was a higher power after my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. I mean, how could you not doubt something? It took a full two years, and then some, to utter a prayer to G-d again. Believing in something of a higher power is better than nothing, I now believe. I'm just glad I found Him again. And glad that Judaism encourages you to ask questions and "Why?"

9.) Chocolate
Now that I think about it, I bet this would make The Husband's list of things he's grateful for too. Or just grateful that I usually have some around. Anyway, I love you chocolate. You're the bestest.

10.) Beach
I am from the Shore, lived at the Shore and moved back to the Shore in my adult years. There's really nothing a day of having your toes in the sand, cool ocean wind blowing through your hair, sun-kissed skin and a 'rita in your hand can't fix.



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you found Him again, too :)

    I love your list! Although I can't believe there are no crazies in your family! I am not a beach person (sorry!) and I have never heard the Call Me Maybe song except the part of that the Olympic folks did the video for!!!

    Happy early birthday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pups are adorbs, and I love 'Call Me Maybe' a little TOO much still. Don't hate. 30's are that bad, coming from a girl who's been living it for 9 days or so now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this post! Happy Birthday week!!!

    I'm totally with you on the Teen Mom thing!

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved