Friday, August 31, 2012

Is This Really My Life?

You know those times when you're just in the moment, maybe by yourself, maybe not. And you suddenly realize, This Is My Life.

And that's a good thing?

I've been having those moments a lot lately.

Earlier this week, I was just looking at M as she was playing by herself and I thought, "Woah. I'm a Mom. I'm a Mom to this sweet girl in front of me. And I love it." Then I thought to myself, "This Is My Life!"

Then a few days ago, I was admiring The Husband's facial features as he was watching tv. I noticed his wedding ring and thought, "He's mine. After being in love with him for 11 years, we finally got married. I can't believe it! This Is My Life!"

Then last night? My heart exploded. M and I had a fun day of outdoor play and pool time. We both needed a bath/shower and so after cooking dinner for an hour and half and inhaling the deliciousness (I'll blog it, you don't want to miss it!), I told The Husband that I was going to bathe M. He said he'd do it, go enjoy a shower.

You don't have to tell me twice!

As I was about to get in the shower, I heard talking from both M and her Daddy, then singing, then giggling. Repeat repeat repeat.

I thanked G-d that I had those two blessings as people in my life and thought, "Am I really this lucky? This Is My Life."

And the answer is yes. I really am this lucky.

I have so many more little instances of me realizing, over and over again, that this is indeed, my life. And I am forever grateful that it is.

1 comments:



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved