Thursday, August 23, 2012

It's Thursday and I'm Thirty

Woah.

I'm thirty.

It feels like such a big number.

Twenty-nine. Thirty.

Yes, thirty feels bigger.

I'm kind of/kind of not in denial that I'm in my thirties now.

I mean, it's a new decade of numbers, you know?

My twenties were good to me. Let's recap, shall we?

*Graduated college at 21
*Started grad school at 22
*Moved to Va Beach to continue Master's at 23
*Started dream job of HS History Teacher at 24
*The Husband and I got super serious at 25
*Moved back to DC at 26
*Got married and pregnant at 27
*Gave birth to my sweet M at 28
*Ran a half-marathon and settled into my new life and routine at 29

For my thirties, I have some goals.

*Have another baby
*Go back to teaching once our kiddies are old enough for school
*Sell our place and buy a bigger house
*Make those around you happy and find contentment in the little things

Because after all, it's the small things in life that matter most. The moments when the camera isn't quick enough, the smile that lasts through the day, and all the whispered I love you's that are spoken when the person can't necessarily hear it.

Yes. These moments are what matters most.

Here's to a fabulous new year of life.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday! Here's to thirty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday and I think it sounds like your 30s will be as good to you as your 20s were!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!!! Enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a few years you have had!!! Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Welcome to your thirties - you're gonna rock this decade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope it was a wonderful day! Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're going to rock 30. obviously since you slayed your 20's ;) hope you had a fabulous day friend.

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved