Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Wreath

I am definitely a DIY type of person. I also love crafting. Thus, Pinterest has made me help the economy more than my Husband would like quite a bit.

When I saw different types of fall wreaths floating around Pinterest, and all were pretty! and cute! and trendy!, I decided I'd incorporate a lot of what I saw and make make my own "version". Consider it pinterest inspired.

It's super easy and took about 20 minutes. In fact, I did it while The Husband and M napped.

Supplies needed:
•I'm a fan of bigger wreaths, so I used an 18" wreath
•hot glue
•fake flowers (I used about a dozen)
•monogram letter
•bow that matches the color scheme

I chose a simple wood stick wreath as the frame. I knew the color scheme I was going for and knew the center flower I wanted as the focal point to draw the eye in.

I used a sunflower and placed it on the wreath.



It doesn't matter where you put the initial flower because you can rotate the wreath. I used hot glue to keep the flowers in place.



Slowly, I placed different colored flowers around the main focal point. I made the sunflower slightly off to the side.



Next, I added a big ribbon to the top of the wreath by tying it on and then hot glued it for added measure.


I then tied a ribbon (again in matching colors) to the wreath, underneath the big bow. I added the monogram letter to the ribbon.

The last step was to add a small ribbon in the back of the wreath, (behind the bow so it's hidden) to hang up on the door.

30 comments:

  1. Love this! I love anything that can be accomplished during nap time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! And something so easy to do is definitely a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since joining Pinterest, I've developed a love for wreaths too! Yours is so perfect for fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty wreath! You did a great job. I've got to get on top of the wreath situation, since I still have the one with beach umbrellas on it hanging on the door! Yikes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! you are very crafty. I like the added touch of the "B".

    ReplyDelete
  6. very impressive! you have a lovely blog! count me as a new follower love.

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love the wreath! My favorite part is the giant sunflower because it has Fall written all over it! Super cute :)

    lifemedschoolwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO pretty! I love fall! I can't wait to start decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to make some wreaths as Christmas presents. This is another cool DIY Idea to add to my list.

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! :D I'm itching to make a fall wreath. I already have a Halloween one that I made a couple years back, but I want one that I can use during Sept and Nov too!
    Thanks for dropping by earlier, following back!
    Ashley
    Of Thoughts and Things

    ReplyDelete
  11. I admire you and your DIY ability. I cannot do it. Just not my thing. I tried but nope. :(

    Great job by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! I think my door needs a wreath now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love it! So pretty and perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so adorable!

    Jessica
    www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! The wreath turned out beautifully!!! I was in our local craft store yesterday and yours looks just as lovely as the ones they are selling (for a hefty price). Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute! I love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following back :)

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Found you on TALU. You almost make me think someone as craft-challenged as I could do this...almost. Me and a hot glue gun are still an emergency room visit waiting to happen. But I loved the wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very lovely! I love the initial - it is such a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I keep seeing so many post for making wreaths. I need to just bite the bullet and try one. I love your idea with the initial in the middle. : )
    Newest follower! Hope you can stop by. If interested please enter my giveaway for a Flower Ring/Watch.

    Thanks! Julie from Stlavonlady – Scatterbrained In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute!! Love the details - it's perfect for fall! :)
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a pretty wreath! Every time I see such a cute wreath, I wonder why I haven't ever made one! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that wreath! I found your blog through the blog hop. Hope you follow back :)
    Lovinglifeinthefablane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved