Tuesday, November 20, 2012

M-isms

Every parent thinks they have the cutest-brightest-prettiest-most well-mannered-talented kid in the world.

So, I'm obviously one of those people.

Some M-ism's:

•the word for rainbow in Spanish is "arco iris" (pronounced arco-eedees). But because M is learning both English and Spanish at home, she calls istrainbow-eedees. It's pretty freaking adorable.

•M ran up to me the other day with open arms and said, "Momma! I love you so much!" I replied, "I love you more!" Thinking for only a second, M responded, "Momma! I love you so much much much much!" If you need me, I'll be that puddle in the middle of the kitchen.

•I told M that we'd get her a sprinkled doughnut since I ate the one her Dad brought her last week. We were in the grocery store and M said, loudly, "Oh sprinkled douuuuughhhnuuuuttt. Where arrrrreeeee yooouuuuuu? I love sprinkled doughnuts!"

•M and I were at her doctors appointment and we had been waiting over an hour for the doctor. M started opening and closing the door to our "holding" room, so I said, "Please stop. We're waiting for the doctor, sweety." Immediately, M opened the door and shouted, "Doooccccccteerrrrrrr. Where arrrreee yooouuuuuu? We're waiting for yooouuuuu!! Dooooccctterrrrrr!!!"

•M was playing with my Mom's dslr camera and she couldn't figure out how to turn it on. In the sweetest and most concerned voice, she looks up at us and says, "It's not working! I need help. The camera needs batteries!" (She's two years old! Why is she speaking like a big kid!)

•M got a wand as a gift and came up to me and said, "bibbidy bobbidy boo!" and swirled her wand around. (Hey Cinderella!)

•me: M, do you want some cheerios?
M: no
me: do you want a yogurt?
M: no thank you
me: hmm. Do you want some crackers?
M: umm, I know! How about Dora!!

•M loves a good manicure like the rest of us and has me paint her nails several times a week. She noticed the polish was chipping yesterday and said, "Oh no! My nail polish! It broke!! Paint my nails please, Momma! It broke!!"

•M had a bite of dinner I made the other night and M said, "Mmm! Deelish-oh!" A combo of delicious (English) and delicioso (Spanish).

My kid melts my heart.

11 comments:

  1. OMG this is so stinkin cute! I love the Delish-oh! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so freaking adorable! I think the sprinkle doughnut one is my favorite. Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is your kid so adorable?! love it. I love that you're teaching her Spanish and English. I hope to have bilingual children too, someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I need to get on the bilingual train.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh I seriously love this post. Little kids are seriously the cutest things ever and M is on the top of that list!

    keep these adorable stories coming! loveee them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super adorable! I want my kids to be bilingual, how do you go about teaching her?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww so sweet! I love the nail polish one the best :) Logan does not talk much. I think bc Nathan had always talked for him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore posts like this! My daughter, who is also 2, says the funniest things too! My husband and I are constantly laughing at her and with her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She sounds so adorable!

    How great for her that she's learning English and Spanish! Learning Spanish is definitely on my list of things that I neeeeed to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She says the most interesting things! Out of curiosity, did the doctor appear quickly?

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved