Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanks Up

I had this whole post in my head to write this morning. You know, the obligatory I'm-grateful-for-mimosas-and-vacation-and-designer-purses post that comes with Thanksgiving. (what, you don't say thanks for those things?)

But then this morning happened.

M woke me by poking me in the eyeball while saying, "Wake up Momma! Time to waaaaake upppp!! MOMMA! WAKE UP. Not sleepy time anymore. No sleep! MOMMA WAKE UP NOW PLEASE."

Sure kid, I'm up.

She then headed over to her Daddy, sat on his head, and said, "Papi! Wake uuuuupp. Time to waaaakee upppp. You have good dreams? Good dreams for all! Papi! Wake upppp!!"
All I heard in response from The Husband was a few rumbles. tehehee.

Anyway.

So at that point, I was thinking I'll get M her breakfast, let her watch her morning episode of Dora, and do my blog post as mentioned above.

Except, when I turned the tv on, the movie Up was just starting. Thanks Disney. Because at 9am, I reaaallllly need my emotions to be toyed with.


Instead of putting Dora on, Up is now playing. And sure enough, I cried in the first five minutes. And then laughed when the chubby boy scout came around. I swear this movie makes me feel bipolar.


But it gave me a new view on what to be thankful for today. I mean sure, I'm grateful that M is currently bouncing on The Husband as he is still sleeping, and she's trying, in vain I might add, to wake him. And sure, I'm glad that she's an equal opportunity waker-upper, as she wakes me up with pleasure any chance she has.

But, I'm also grateful that I have a happy toddler that loves us, and a husband that has a good temperament, and a movie that reminds me that life can be full of long days, but the years? They're short.

So enjoy life as much as you can.

Happy Thanksgiving to my blogging family.
May your food be plentiful, homes warm and hearts happy.

13 comments:

  1. I loved Up. But I couldn't finish it! I was too tired of being happy/sad happy/sad!
    We should all have so much to be thankful for this year. Hope you and your family enjoy a wonderful day celebrating together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie and if it makes you feel any better it makes me feel slightly bipolar too. :)Hope you have a very Happy Thanksiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have actually never seen this movie! I need to watch it, I've heard it's adorable but I try and stay away from movies that make me cry. Because my cry? It's an ugly one.

    Happy thanksgiving to you and your family, sweet friend!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Up is such a wonderful movie. Your daughter sounds really adorable. I'm thinking about doing a thankful post too, but I haven't decided yet if it will actually happen. Even if it doesn't, I will make the statement here that there's a lot for me to be thankful for. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sel, this is wonderful! Thank you!! That movie, yes, I cry within the first five minutes too, every.single.time. But you're right...the years fly by...and there isn't a single moment that we should take for granted! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully said. :) side note, that movie makes me cry every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cry like a littl girl everytime I watch it. and you're right, it's good to be thankful and stop and smell the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute movie with a wonderful message! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable post. I cry during the first part of "Up" as well.

    Oh, and HECK yes we should all be thankful for the things you italicized!

    Enjoy your day tomorrow! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful beautiful beautiful. that last line, pretty much sums it all up. the years, they're short. Happy Thanksgiving to You and Yours.

    Aloha Sweet Friend,

    The ladies and I are starting to gather a bit early this week so that we can take our turkey loving time mingling and growing together over the next few days.

    Thank you for linking up with us last week, thank you for sharing your sweet energy with all of us... thank you for being beautiful you.

    Come join us if you please.
    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like I should add Up to my Netflix queue. I haven't seen it.

    Happy Thanksgiving, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving Momma! Hope you had a great day with your family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! What a fantastic Thanksgiving post! I love the movie UP so much and also cry for the entire beginning and end. I have to have the fam get it for me for Christmas!!! I am visiting from Poemifyme.blogspot.com and am happy to be a new follower thanks to the Followers to Friends Blog Party.

    ReplyDelete



Growing, Laughing, and Loving in Life

Wife, Momma, Family person, HS Teacher, Baker, Crafter, Half-Marathoner

Blog Archives


Fabulous Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Growing, Laughing and Loving in Life...

One woman's journey into Motherhood, Domesticity and Teaching with occasional ramblings on food, family and this beautiful life.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved